Front Windsheild Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A month ago I did the whole truck in ceramic, for the first time, think it needed it and it looks great without being too dark. I only use Global Window Films because A) Llumar is junk film that looks brown in bright sunlight and Global looks like a light shade of black, and B) one of the best tinters in the area uses it and I found him from contacting Global directly to find an installer. Global also reduces the amount of 3D effect from the front windshield tint, but as stated before, no one eliminates it entirely.

50% front windshield, 15% measured on front sides, and 12% measured on back and sides, all ceramic. Saw the Discount Tire guy drive up my truck today in overcast weather after my first tire rotation, and I couldn't see him inside the truck at all. I got in it and it was still nearly transparent as I remembered.

Also, if anyone cares, you should look into getting a medical waiver for installing window tint on your vehicles. I have had it for years in NC and they give you a letter and a sticker to put inside the tint (I've never installed it that way) so police don't give you crap. I actually do need it, after having LASIK, my eyes became much more sensitive to light, and I will get a headache without polarized Oakley's outdoors in bright sunlight for more than 20 mins.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Llumar. I've had CTX on a couple of vehicles, Air80 and Pinnacle on my Mustang. All have a nice smoked look and I've never had an issue with fading either (I had it for nearly 10 years on my Silverado with no change in color).

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Llumar. I've had CTX on a couple of vehicles, Air80 and Pinnacle on my Mustang. All have a nice smoked look and I've never had an issue with fading either (I had it for nearly 10 years on my Silverado with no change in color).

As soon as you see a good install of Global and compare it to Llumar, you'll understand the difference. I didn't realize there was one until I compared it. 3M is nice, was installed already on my wife's Jaguar, but not worth the price - I'm sure it set back the first owner at least $6-700!

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as you see a good install of Global and compare it to Llumar, you'll understand the difference. I didn't realize there was one until I compared it. 3M is nice, was installed already on my wife's Jaguar, but not worth the price - I'm sure it set back the first owner at least $6-700!
I'm willing to give it a try, as I need to re-do the film on my Raptor.
Unfortunately I couldn't find an installer locator on their website.

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to give it a try, as I need to re-do the film on my Raptor.
Unfortunately I couldn't find an installer locator on their website.

I believe what I had to do was call their "branch" offices and have them recommend an installer:

Window Tinting Near Me|Contact Us|Global Window Films

* I am in NO way affiliated with them, I just love their product. I don't get anything whether or not you use their film.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with ceramic at 15% of the front windows and back glass, 35% on top of the rear windows, and Air80 on the windshield.

I love it, not too dark but cuts out glare at night and heat during the day.

Also second that the installer makes a huge difference on the finished product. Worth taking your time and finding the right guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't know about this

Have run Huper, Llumar on all my vehicles - specifically Formula One Pinnacle by Llumar, not the lower end stuff

Zero complaints from me

Global gives me pause, if it's so good, why are there so few installers

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about this

Have run Huper, Llumar on all my vehicles - specifically Formula One Pinnacle by Llumar, not the lower end stuff

Zero complaints from me

Global gives me pause, if it's so good, why are there so few installers

I talked the the owners of Global at SEMA in 2011, they have millions tied up in other ventures, they're perfectly okay with their sales as they are without expanding - didn't make sense to me, but that's how they operate and that's okay.... You know, you don't see Porsche commercials because they don't have to advertise, similarly applies here because these guys know their product is superior, just like anyone who gets to compare it to those brown tinted Llumar films!

pete888

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I posted this in the right section (Int or Ext) but anyway.....

Has anyone tinted their front windshield? Not for a color change, just clear tint for UV protection? If so, any issues with polarized sunglasses.....distortion or otherwise? Also, is it effective in heat reduction?

This will be the third vehicle I have had the front windshield tinted. All with Huper Optik tint and no issues with polarized sunglasses.

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My shop in AZ has that also.

My windshield is tinted. For those that have tinted the windshield, do you notice the headlights turning on/off a lot when in "auto" headlight mode and driving away from the sun during the day? Any solution other than just manually turning the lights on/off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am getting this effect. My headlights turn on and off almost at random in the middle of the day since tinting my windshield. I did ceramic all the way around, and I did 80% on the front, and 20% everywhere else, including the sunroof. Incidentally, someone suggested keeping the moonroof closed (I keep it open all the time). This seems counter-intuitive to me, but I decided to give it a try today. I will let you know if it helps.