GEN 2 Floor mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone confirm whether or not the 2017 comes with floor mats, and if so, what are they like? Are they an option, or standard?

I thought I saw a video review that showed nice heavy duty all weather mats, but then I read someone else saying they were surprised that an off-road vehicle came with regular carpet floor mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes they do and they are quite good by floor mat standards. See attached, if not quite up to aftermarket standards.

p713591565-5.jpg

OP
OP
C

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they do and they are quite good by floor mat standards. See attached, if not quite up to aftermarket standards.

p713591565-5.jpg

Thanks for confirming. So those mats came standard? Is your truck a SCAB or SCREW? How much coverage does the rear mat offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gyrotech

Reaction score
The rear is pretty good. They go all the way underneath the seats. My only real gripe is that they always look dirty, but the fit is fine.

TheTip247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are decent mats, by far the best mats Ford has offered in their trucks. The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't go far enough up under the dash and the driver side doesn't have anything under the gas pedal. With all the crap you track in your truck when there is snow, its just not enough coverage for me. I went ahead and bought Husky X-act Contour mats for the front. They cover a lot more area.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look acceptable to me...finally don't need to buy a set for a vehicle from factory.

Scubasigguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except the huge cutout by the gas pedal, no clue the design decision there

I can guess at the reason for that. I think it was my 2010 or 2011 truck that came with some pretty heavy all weather OEM mats... I was driving down the highway in evening traffic when the truck just started accelerating right as traffic started to get congested. It happened to me twice, before I could get to an exit and figure out WTH was going on. They didn't have the mat hooks then, and the matte had just slid up over the edge of the pedal.

It scared the crap out of me because several years ago I was taking a friends new truck to the office one day, so I could have our guys service, detail, and tint the windows for her, when a screw came loose and jammed the throttle body on. I was in morning rush hour traffic, heading into an interchange area, and accelerating to 80+ with stopped traffic ahead. That was the first time a Ford truck tried to kill me. Lucky I took evasive maneuvers and was able to get he truck stopped. In retrospect I'm glad it was me driving because I'm not sure that she would have reacted the same. The truck was a month old, and our Ford store told me that the factory forgot to put loctite on that screw.