E&G Console Gun Vault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Ratt

Reaction score
Thanks i used a impact driver, but was concerned of breaking off screws.
will give that a shot again.

I’d hand tighten at this point. You’re right on the edge. 1/4-1/2 turns is all you’ll need. I found he sweet spot and has been good since.

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed mine today. Took a lot longer than I expected as you have to install and line up this small plate underneath the console for the bolts to go into. Getting my drill into the safe was a bit of a head scratcher. You might be better off putting the safe in, marking the holes, and then removing the safe to drill. They really should have included a drill template. Also had to really tighten down all the bolts to make the safe sit low enough in the console so that the console lid would shut consistently.

In the end it looks and functions great. Just feels like how it should be from factory.

Is that a roll of silver money in that tray? ;)

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just installed mine on my 18. Any ine having issues with console lid closing. I have to slam mine

I didn't have that issue with mine at all. But as others have stated, you may not have it tightened down all the way.

Have you had a chance to get back in there and tighten it up to see if that works?

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the pictures posted, it looks like there are significant gaps on the sides. They look kinda big. What are your thoughts?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
E&G Console Gun Vault

From the pictures posted, it looks like there are significant gaps on the sides. They look kinda big. What are your thoughts?

There are no gaps. The safe and the console tray fit completely flush.

Terrible picture, but this was taken right after install.

f794ef2bad86fcce7c630581206cf0b0.jpg

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, I was wondering about the gap between the the door and the sides of the safe compartment. Looking at your new picture it looks like a gap big enough to get a prybar into.

The fit of the entire unit (into the plastic console) looks like a good fit.

OP
OP
hamster

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn I'm Slow.....

Started the thread. Safe arrived before Christmas '17, installed this week. No issues.....should have done it sooner.

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really the only thing they need to add to this is a USB extension or "hole" on the non secured side to access the 12v plug. Since I do not use CarPlay, I prefer the usb 12V. had to drill a small hole in the console tray to get my cable through.

Locker Down has the usb extension and cover - would be a nice addition.

OP
OP
hamster

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
⬆️⬆️

Completely agree....getting ready to modify mine.

Last edited: