Dash Cam Power Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used:
Fuse 29 (NOT USED) for the BATT
Fuse 36 (heated rear seats, 360 camera) for ACC

I honestly haven't tested the camera to make sure it stays on more than a few minutes with the truck OFF. 29 shows power with the truck OFF, but I don't know if it times out after some period of time. I know there are some that shut off after 20 minutes (I think the power ports do that). I'll be testing this out over the weekend.

It definitely comes on when I start the truck, so I know 36 is good.

IMG_4357.jpg

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used:

I honestly haven't tested the camera to make sure it stays on more than a few minutes with the truck OFF. 29 shows power with the truck OFF, but I don't know if it times out after some period of time. I know there are some that shut off after 20 minutes (I think the power ports do that). I'll be testing this out over the weekend.

Cool. Keep is posted after this weekend if it is good to go

OP
OP
K

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used:

UPDATE:
The 2 fuses worked as expected. Fuse 29 is listed as NOT USED, but it is hot all the time (at least it was for the 12 hours I tested it). Camera was in parking monitor mode after shutting off the ignition, and it recorded whenever it saw movement. When starting the truck, went back into normal loop driving mode.

PMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tap into the mirror like most have done for radar detectors. There's a thread for it and tells you which wires. I'm running my GoPro as a dash cam as well off the mirror.

Can anyone link to this thread? I can't seem to find it.