GEN 2 cycling through presets on the radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have an 802A with all fancy bells and whistles. Among them are steering wheel audio controls. Until now, I have scoffed at steering wheel buttons, especially for phone usage, and also for radio controls. I have always thought of them as a distraction.

Having my Raptor for a week now, I find the radio controls growing on me. However, I’ve noticed that for both satellite and radio there are slots for 18 presets, within 3 “groups” of presets, and using the arrow buttons only cycles through the current group of presets. So, it’s cycle through 6 channels playing nothing I want to hear, reach over and select another group and repeat.

Is there a way to cycle through all the stored presets, without the group selection?

I’ve tried some voice commands to hopefully get me to another preset, but it doesn’t seem to change the selected ‘group’ of presets. any suggestions?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On gen one you had to hit the button in the steering wheel for the source. And it would toggle through the 3 preset groups of channels. Kind of a PITA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8zero8

Reaction score
I have an 802A with all fancy bells and whistles. Among them are steering wheel audio controls. Until now, I have scoffed at steering wheel buttons, especially for phone usage, and also for radio controls. I have always thought of them as a distraction.

Having my Raptor for a week now, I find the radio controls growing on me. However, I’ve noticed that for both satellite and radio there are slots for 18 presets, within 3 “groups” of presets, and using the arrow buttons only cycles through the current group of presets. So, it’s cycle through 6 channels playing nothing I want to hear, reach over and select another group and repeat.

Is there a way to cycle through all the stored presets, without the group selection?

I’ve tried some voice commands to hopefully get me to another preset, but it doesn’t seem to change the selected ‘group’ of presets. any suggestions?

+1
I too find this annoying, and am hopeful there is a way to cycle through ALL of the presets, otherwise, wth? I didn't see anything in the literature addressing this.

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, it's annoying. You either have to use the touchscreen to go between AM1/2, FM1/2/3, SAT1/2/3, press the "Media" button to cycle thru, or use the Voice Control of Sync3.

My wife's 2015 Chevy Tahoe is the same way, but you have to "swipe" the presets on the touchscreen, and that touchscreen don't like being swiped.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
what, by way of voice control, are you telling the truck to do?

I’ve tried going to different presets, but it doesn’t increment the “range of 6” or group of presets.

Media button is better than the touch screen for sure, but when it hits my phone the bluetooth isn’t brilliant.