Confused (as usualy) but do we have My Color or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read the various posts about not having the console gear indicator light (my 2018 802A doesn't have it either) and where folks are adding the ambient lighting system...but while my Raptor does appear to have the ambient lighting (cup holders/door panels/rear floor area), I can't find a way to switch between colors? In my 2016 KR there was a button in the touch screen menu that did this. Guess we don't have this function anymore? Not a huge deal but curious. Also, I don't appear to have front foot well lighting either...

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope the 18's don't. There is a thread on how to restore this but involves changing out the LED's throughout the cabin. I'm sticking with blue

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trust me youre not missing anything. The regular blue matches all of the button back lighting and every other color is a poor fruity version of what it should really be.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me youre not missing anything. The regular blue matches all of the button back lighting and every other color is a poor fruity version of what it should really be.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could make it brighter, but even that's no longer possible. Cars that have the full color menu can be set much brighter. With the orange accent interior, I wanted to be able to set them to orange. I think Ford still sells a kit and a company called F-150 lights has a kit, but they appear to be kinda clunky looking add on's.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't be so bad if you could make it brighter, but even that's no longer possible. Cars that have the full color menu can be set much brighter. With the orange accent interior, I wanted to be able to set them to orange. I think Ford still sells a kit and a company called F-150 lights has a kit, but they appear to be kinda clunky looking add on's.

I've got the orange accent pkg too, but I'd rather the accent lights match the overall lighting profile.

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming that guys, not a big deal as I generally set it on the matching blue anyways...would be nice to control the brightness. I noticed last night that they are pretty dim when in run mode and when I turned off the truck they brightened when the other interior lights came on...just noticing some of the small changes as I go.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming that guys, not a big deal as I generally set it on the matching blue anyways...would be nice to control the brightness. I noticed last night that they are pretty dim when in run mode and when I turned off the truck they brightened when the other interior lights came on...just noticing some of the small changes as I go.

Some of the guy's on F-150 forum can't figure why the lighting will trigger to bright, but if you Forscan the ambient lighting icon onto the Sync menu, it has no affect on the brightness. There's got to be a way in Forscan to do it that nobody has figured out yet.

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 17 powerstroke has it. I've never changed it since the 1st time running through the colors. Blue and red are the only to that didn't look hideous