Center Console Tray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dakotablues

Reaction score
My tray stays put with this lock-box under it. The combination/opening lever was built off-center to allow the tray to just fit. Lock box from Tuffy.

Attachments

• IMG_4633.jpg
    IMG_4633.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4631.jpg
    IMG_4631.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 82

southof30A

Reaction score
Random question: Does the tray in your center console slide around during aggressive turns? Should be a way to keep it in one position and not slide so easily.

I used small binder clips (office supply), clipped to the track on either side of the tray to hold it in place.

Lwlandy

Reaction score
I Tried the single large tray that covers the entire width but found I wanted to get underneath it fairly often and its a real pain to get out once loaded with stuff.
I ended up using two slimmer trays side by side that pretty much fill the gap. I went with this one from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078S6DMXM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in addition to the standard one.

Couple of benefits being I can easily take one out if needed to get underneath and I made a custom wireless phone charger setup that will fast charge my Samsung phone by just dropping it in place. It was real simple just a bit of closed cell foam with a bit of seaboard I had lying around cutout to hold the phone in place.

Attachments

• 20180603_141144.jpg
    20180603_141144.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 409

Rob O

Reaction score
I use a pair of binder clips to hold the tray in place. They keep it from sliding, are easy to adjust if you want to reposition the tray, and double as functional tools for holding additional stuff (like parking tickets at the airport; concealed yet easy to retrieve).

Mind the stuff in mine ... My daughter rides horses and stuff related to that seem to make it into my center console.

Attachments

• IMG_20180702_172219.jpg
    IMG_20180702_172219.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 88

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've even thought to check but I actually just ordered the same part and it fits two of the stock trays perfectly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine slides around during normal driving as well. I cut two 1/2" strips of some door edge molding I had laying around (the kind with adhesive in the groove) and applied them to the sliding edge right next to the tray and no more movement. Like the idea of the full tray, but I keep my windshield shades in the center console and would be a pain removing the center tray every time to gain access...