Can a Heated steering wheel be added?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill be looking into it once my truck is delivered. should have it in the next couple weeks. eta of 2/10.....

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found the perfect raptor in a southern climate. it has 802a.

being -27F (-6 without windchill) here today i am wondering if the steering wheel heat can be added?

Thread here: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/forscan-gen2-52514/index2.html#post1103039

Basically you need: 1) HSWM, 2) a wheel with resistance wire in it, 3) Enabling of it in software.
The first 2 are at your favorite Ford parts source. The 3rd is DIY Forscan or dealer enabled.

Edit: The Steering wheel is the big round thing with all of the buttons in the top picture. The HSWM can be seen in Purple in the second picture.

85353d1486834443-forscan-gen2-hswm.jpg

Last edited:

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a button on the wheel too? Or does that come with the wheel when you buy the new wheel with the heated wire? Anybody have any part numbers by chance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a button on the wheel too? Or does that come with the wheel when you buy the new wheel with the heated wire? Anybody have any part numbers by chance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go to Fordparts.com or your dealer, there are several variations. Here is 1 variation:
PN: 3600 Steering Wheel, Interior Trim Accent Pack F, Sport/Leather Steering Wheel, With Heated Steering Wheel, With Speed Control; Ebony
$587.72
Adaptive cruise would be different variation, etc.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this yet? If I buy the wheel can I enable with Forscan? Airbag removal and reinstallation scares me a bit....

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FORScan is a must if you have the heated steering wheel (and 802A) as it puts the seat/wheel controls on the home page of the sync screen.