GEN 2 To buy, or not to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for the last week I have been debating and weighing the pros and cons of purchasing a gen 2 or keeping my gen 1. Was hoping you guys could give me your thoughts lol.

Thanks for any input.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you have to answer to yourself what are you gaining by going to the GEN 2 that you don't have now? Is it a want or a need.

I sold my 2014 and because i thought i wanted a Gen 2 and now I am looking to find a clean GEN 1 again.

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold on to the svt until ford performance proves itself. Wait a year, get a 2018. What if gen 2 is utterly garbage? It will only get better with time. Congrats on having the guts to pull the trigger on gen 1. I regret not doing so myself and now I'll wait till spring. Give it a few months to work out gen 2 growing pains. If I had a gen one I wouldn't even consider the first year of a new raptor. Weigh the pros and cons, i dunno what your situation is. Might wanna jump on that value before it bleeds out with time.

OP
OP
Jhillen50

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. I've got some thinking to do lol.

A2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your vehicle is obsolete get the Gen 2 if money isn't an issue. Over the course of 3 years you drive 15000 miles per year you will save enough money in fuel to pay for the Gen 2 completely.

I'm not good at math so it might be a little off but you get the point!

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I get the point, your math is rusty. And your asking if we get it that the math results in a cost neutral replacement (which it will not).

I have math nerd friends on this forum and all it takes is one PM and they're all up in your algorithms. Doing proofs and cross checking each other.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I suggest waiting a bit and see if there is any truth to the ttv8 rumours or not, that's the only way I will get a gen2, but I would keep my gen1 for a beater then, lol

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my 14 screw! I have an opportunity to get the gen 2 at invoice, not even considering it! First gen was limited production, rumor has it the gen 2 will not be limited. Only time will tell.