Baja Designs Fog light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
crash457

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question, the S2's obviously go on the outside corner, but did you put the driving / combo in the center and spot on the inside or the other way around?

I installed the S2 wide cornering on the outside, Squadron spots in the middle, and the Squadron wide cornering on the inside.

gyrotech

Reaction score
I did the same. I wanted to aim both spots toward the middle and it seemed like I was losing a bit of light into the bumper when they were on the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, Rick tells me that Baja designed the kit for the spots to be on the inside...hmmm.

gyrotech

Reaction score
Interesting, Rick tells me that Baja designed the kit for the spots to be on the inside...hmmm.

That's where I had them initially. I guess it'll work if you aren't trying to point both down to the same spot. For me, it worked better in the middle.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so today I got all the hardware mounted then ran out of time...tomorrow I tackle the wiring. Any tips for those harnesses? I am not sure how all that comes together. I am sure I could figure it out but any help is much appreciated!!

gyrotech

Reaction score
Ok so today I got all the hardware mounted then ran out of time...tomorrow I tackle the wiring. Any tips for those harnesses? I am not sure how all that comes together. I am sure I could figure it out but any help is much appreciated!!

Look at post 190 on the Baja thread in the lighting forum. It has a diagram there. Also helps to lay it out on the floor. If you're in the austin area, I'll show you for the price of one miller lite.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights are in and working great. All thats left to do is the adjustments and pointing tonight. Thanks for all the tips guys, this thread made it much simpler.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed the S2 wide cornering on the outside, Squadron spots in the middle, and the Squadron wide cornering on the inside.

I did the same. I wanted to aim both spots toward the middle and it seemed like I was losing a bit of light into the bumper when they were on the inside.

That's where I had them initially. I guess it'll work if you aren't trying to point both down to the same spot. For me, it worked better in the middle.

Anyone had anything to add regarding where the Spots and Driving/Combo lights should be installed?

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wont go into the wiring since I wired mine to use one switch for each set.

Thanks for the writeup crash457...it continues to help us with new trucks!

My current plan/desire is to install with 3 individual switches as you did...but all with relays that trigger off the High Beam switch. Has anyone done it that way? Do you find you can leave S2 wide/cornering lights on even with oncoming traffic? (so no need to tie into High Beam?)

My issue is I live in a big wide open state with lots of darkness and lots of big animals, very little traffic and many whiteout snowstorms. (WY) Just trying to decide what the best way will be to get the most benefit from my lights.

OP
OP
crash457

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the writeup crash457...it continues to help us with new trucks!

My current plan/desire is to install with 3 individual switches as you did...but all with relays that trigger off the High Beam switch. Has anyone done it that way? Do you find you can leave S2 wide/cornering lights on even with oncoming traffic? (so no need to tie into High Beam?)

My issue is I live in a big wide open state with lots of darkness and lots of big animals, very little traffic and many whiteout snowstorms. (WY) Just trying to decide what the best way will be to get the most benefit from my lights.

I considered rewiring mine off the high beams but haven't yet. I wouldn't run my S2s in traffic. I'm running S2 Pros and they are far to bright. They also don't have any beam cutoff, like a headlight would have. Bad weather would only make it worse for oncoming traffic.