Baja Designs Fog light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would get some of that plastic loom material and wrap those single wires up in it. You'll be surprised what can get crammed up in between the skid plate and frame. Truck looks good though......

OP
OP
crash457

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would get some of that plastic loom material and wrap those single wires up in it. You'll be surprised what can get crammed up in between the skid plate and frame. Truck looks good though......

Good idea. I used the last bit of flex loom that I had in the garage to cover the wires as the ran up the core support and under the hood to the firewall.

TKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did the install today. Took longer than I thought it would, but VERY happy with the final product. Wiring length was just fine. Since wiring layout was not included in the kit, I just did a mock layout in front of the truck and that helped me determine where everything should go.

TIP...install black powder coated mount first. Then, take the lights off the silver brackets. Then attach the silver bracket to the black powder coated bracket. I found this to be MUCH easier. Then attach the lights back onto the silver brackets.

Good luck everyone! Great product @BajaDesigns and thanks for hooking us up with a great deal via the group buy and great customer service @Rick@FreedomMotorsports!

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed all lights on the mount first then installed the mount. Worked like a charm. Some of the allen bolts are a little difficult to get to and tighten, but it worked out.

Last edited:

Jetsco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finished my Baja Designs fog light kit install tonight. The brackets are really well made, lights are crazy bright and the install definitely took me longer than I thought it would. However, it was worth it as I couldn't be happier with the final outcome! I did spend the time and unscrewed each lens cover and turned them so that the labels were upright and I also flipped around the small individual light mounting brackets on each light which pushed the lights closer to the front of the bumper opening which I preferred (just personal preference).

Thank you to @Rick@FreedomMotorsports and @BajaDesigns!

S2 Sport wide cornering on aux 6
Squadron Pro Driving combo and Squadron Pro spot on aux 1

Photo #3 - head lights only on.
Photo #4 - head lights and S2 wide cornering on.
Photo #5 - head lights, S2 wide cornering, Squadron Pro Spot and Pro Drving combo all on.

Attachments

• IMG_3566.jpg
    IMG_3566.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_3567.jpg
    IMG_3567.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_3579.jpg
    IMG_3579.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_3580.jpg
    IMG_3580.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_3581.jpg
    IMG_3581.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 244

consolidated

Reaction score
I did spend the time and unscrewed each lens cover and turned them so that the labels were upright and I also flipped around the small individual light mounting brackets on each light which pushed the lights closer to the front of the bumper opening which I preferred (just personal preference).

Thanks for this tip, I tried it and like this look better. Also using the slotted holes to move each lamp into place. It may lessen beam cut-off and spill behind the bumper.

Agree with others here that mounting the lights to the bracket first is easier, especially if you replace the button head allen bolts with regular stainless bolts, and they're harder to strip, ask me how I know.

Attachments

• IMG_8740.JPG
    IMG_8740.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_8742.JPG
    IMG_8742.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 225

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finished my Baja Designs fog light kit install tonight. The brackets are really well made, lights are crazy bright and the install definitely took me longer than I thought it would. However, it was worth it as I couldn't be happier with the final outcome! I did spend the time and unscrewed each lens cover and turned them so that the labels were upright and I also flipped around the small individual light mounting brackets on each light which pushed the lights closer to the front of the bumper opening which I preferred (just personal preference).

Thank you to @Rick@FreedomMotorsports and @BajaDesigns!

S2 Sport wide cornering on aux 6
Squadron Pro Driving combo and Squadron Pro spot on aux 1

Photo #3 - head lights only on.
Photo #4 - head lights and S2 wide cornering on.
Photo #5 - head lights, S2 wide cornering, Squadron Pro Spot and Pro Drving combo all on.

Glad I wasn't the only one annoyed by the upside down lettering lol.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, the S2's obviously go on the outside corner, but did you put the driving / combo in the center and spot on the inside or the other way around?