GEN 2 2018 brand new raptor strong interior smell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 17 smelled good. My 18 smelled repulsive. Like someone with terribly bad breath. I found the source of the worst part was coming from inside the center console so I stuck a couple air fresheners in there and it has made it a lot better.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
there we have it. 2017’s rock. 2018’s stink.
:biggrin:

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 17 smelled good. My 18 smelled repulsive. Like someone with terribly bad breath. I found the source of the worst part was coming from inside the center console so I stuck a couple air fresheners in there and it has made it a lot better.

Exactly, when I first read this post before picking up my new 2018, I was thinking how can anyone not like the new car smell? And while my 2018 does have a desirable new car smell, I opened the console in Moab and a knarly "bad breath, no dental hygiene, too many cups of coffee on an empty stomach stench" assaulted me. Smelled it again yesterday - but only from the center console when open...don't think it was the open tin of kipper snacks I spilled in there either...

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly, when I first read this post before picking up my new 2018, I was thinking how can anyone not like the new car smell? And while my 2018 does have a desirable new car smell, I opened the console in Moab and a knarly "bad breath, no dental hygiene, too many cups of coffee on an empty stomach stench" assaulted me. Smelled it again yesterday - but only from the center console when open...don't think it was the open tin of kipper snacks I spilled in there either...

My 2018 has the awesome new car smell without the knarly bad breath coming from the console. Maybe yours was built on a Monday after a long weekend of drinking and partying...