2017 Raptor Twin Panel Moonroof or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A must for me. Live in Michigan, use year round!!! No leaks, not on my gen 1 nor my gen 2.

Arhame

Reaction score
Arhame

Love the twin moonroof have had it for a week and opened up several times. No xtra noise especially with shade drawn closes

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Plus if you shatter the glass you essentially have no roof"

Plus if you drive it into a tree you essentially have no truck. Or tree.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

LOL Also, if you set it on fire, drive it off Niagara falls, park it on a train track, you essentially have no truck either.

Last edited:

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I debated this option more than any other option.... I went with it and am soooooo happy that I did. Not only do girls love it but man it is nice in the Raptor's Black (dark) interior. No rattles or leaks (but I live in AZ so it hasn't rained since I got it). Get it.... You'll love this thing. Everyone who get's in my truck compliments it and talks about how bad ass it is on a truck.

dasbury

Reaction score
I'm not a moonroof guy typically, as i live in SW FL and it is so hot here. After 2 months I am loving it. I have used it a lot, and the power shade is solid, so I'm not concerned about the summer.

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Gen 1 had a sunroof. Opened it twice while I owned it. Also the small gap in the cover panel around the sunroof drove me insane when there was a visible line of light on my G1. Ordered my Gen 2 without and and I am much happier. I prefer to drive in a dark cab as much as possible

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very Good Shade

My Gen 1 had a sunroof. Opened it twice while I owned it. Also the small gap in the cover panel around the sunroof drove me insane when there was a visible line of light on my G1. Ordered my Gen 2 without and and I am much happier. I prefer to drive in a dark cab as much as possible

FWIW, The Gen 2 has a solid shade that completely covers the MoonRoof. When closed, its like not have a MoonRoof at all.

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, The Gen 2 has a solid shade that completely covers the MoonRoof. When closed, its like not have a MoonRoof at all.

Nice to know they fixed that issue. However still knowing I wouldn't open it I opted to save 1300$

jac1304

Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I opened the sunroof on my car and looking at f150 forum it's been a hit or miss problem with them leaking in some form or fashion and it's 1,000 plus extra on something I won't use. My wife and co-pilot might have another opinion.... as usual...