2017 Raptor Twin Panel Moonroof or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my 14 was ordered w/o one and it showed up with one so i got it for 500 bux. I never use it and wont order one.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always remember that if/when you decide to trade or sell, the 1st thing the dealer and/or buyer will say is "oh, no moon roof, i wanted a moon roof.

You won't get your 1295 back so it's still a loss

People mix up this concept of resale value all the time

ehssey

Reaction score
Will always opt for it. I have similar to the screw on my C63S and it's open 100% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You won't get your 1295 back so it's still a loss

People mix up this concept of resale value all the time

Its not "resale value" dollar for dollar per say but its more of a desirability/marketability item. In most situations if someone has a choice of two mostly identical vehicles and one has a moonroof and one doesnt the majority of buyers will go for the moonroof example over the one without. It gives the buyer the sense they are getting more for their money.

Even if you dont get more money for the option on the back end of selling sometimes having the vehicle sold quicker is worth the extra money in the beginning.

theman1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer I talked to today said they will not order them for lot vehicles anymore "because they all leak." Any truth to that?

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wont have a truck without one. Ive had it on every truck I've owned and never had a problem. Nothing beats the open feel, even when its closed and the fresh air on a nice day. And if weather isn't cooperating, then the shade closes and its a non issue. LOVE them!