12 VDC Powerpoint shut off delay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have installed a Uniden BCD536HP scanner in my 2018 SCREW. But I ran out of daylight tonight before I could get it hooked up to power. Radio is installed, speaker, antenna feed line, etc, but power not hooked up (will be using one of the upfitter switches).

So temporarily I have plugged the radio into the 12V Powerpoint in the center console. Works great. However the function of the Powerpoint is odd.

When I plugged in the radio the Powerpoint was dead, no power, as I expected. When I turned on the truck the power came on, as I expected. But when I turned the truck off the Powerpoint did not shut off.

Now, about an hour later, the Powerpoint is still not off. So I am confuseled. It was off before I started the truck, but now does not appear to be shutting off.

Anyone got any insight into this for me? A time delay on shut off feature I don't know about or something like that? Will it eventually shut off?

T!

Last edited: