Wilwood Brakes installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest with a heavy truck i want more surface area for heat dissipation.
And i don't know anyone who has them to chime in, that would be the best

OP
OP
dsfife

dsfife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here they are the front almost dont fit.

Any update on performance now that you have used them?

Looking at the BBK now or if I should be happy with rotors, pads and lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They work extremely well, I haven't measured the stopping distance has improved a lot.

only thing that is odd at this point is when you lightly tap the brakes they vibrate the truck a little i figured because they are so new maybe?

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Calipers upside down?

dsfife,
Are those calipers upside down? need to remove them from brackets and invert them to bleed?

Eddie

Edit...looks like bleeder's on top and bottom?

Attachments

• 20171209_044642_zpswgkiywqh.jpg
    20171209_044642_zpswgkiywqh.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Raptor404

Reaction score
They work extremely well, I haven't measured the stopping distance has improved a lot.

only thing that is odd at this point is when you lightly tap the brakes they vibrate the truck a little i figured because they are so new maybe?

Actually that does not sound good. My first reaction is warped rotors. Or possibly a wheel bearing has a flat spot and under a stronger braking set up vibrates from the initial bite.

I would definitely have that checked out if the problem persists. And keep checking the bolts. Might come loose under the extra vibrations.

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had Wilwood brakes installed on my truck. They look amazing and the stopping power is incredible.

Here is some info that will help anyone interested in Wilwoods BBK. Other then the 2 issues below the kit is well made. On my 20inch Rotiform clearance was not an issue even with the massive front calipers.. I ordered mine from here https://www.cjponyparts.com/wilwood...-f-150-raptor-2010-2014-2017-2018/p/DBF231-V/

1- Wilwood sends the kit with 18-inch brake lines. They also makes a 22 inch and 25-inch. You will want to get the 25-inch brake lines. At full droop, the 18inch lines are hanging on for dear life and if you turn the wheel at full droop you can say bye bye to the front brakes. Play it safe and save yourself the hassle and order the 25inch lines for the front. The 18 inch lines for the rear are fine. You will need 2 of these for the front https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-220-12762

2- On my 2018 the Wildwood fitting did not fit the OEM lines. My installer had to re-do all the OEM lines for the fitting's to screw on. Make sure you take it someplace that knows what they are doing. If you're in the DC Metro area PM me I can put you in contact with the guy that installed mine he’s awesome.

American truck website said it best about proper fitment of the lines.
https://www.americantrucks.com/wilwood-tx6r-front-brake-kit-black-1016-manu-install.html

•NOTE: Specified brake hose kits may not work with all Years, Makes and Models of vehicle that this brake kit is applicable to, due to possible OEM manufacturing changes during a production vehicle's life. It is the installer's responsibility to ensure that all fittings and hoses are the correct size and length, to ensure proper sealing and that they will not be subject to crimping, strain and abrasion from vibration or interference with suspension components, brake rotor or wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_2802 (1).jpg
    IMG_2802 (1).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 81

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had Wilwood brakes installed on my truck. They look amazing and the stopping power is incredible.

Here is some info that will help anyone interested in Wilwoods BBK. Other then the 2 issues below the kit is well made. On my 20inch Rotiform clearance was not an issue even with the massive front calipers.. I ordered mine from here https://www.cjponyparts.com/wilwood...-f-150-raptor-2010-2014-2017-2018/p/DBF231-V/

1-Wilwood sends the kit with 18-inch brake lines. They also makes a 22 inch and 25-inch. You will want to get the 25-inch brake lines. At full droop, the 18inch lines are hanging on for dear life and if you turn the wheel at full droop you can say bye bye to the front brakes. Play it safe and save yourself the hassle and order the 25inch lines for the front. The 18 inch lines for the rear are fine. You will need 2 of these for the front https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-220-12762

2-On my 2018 the Wildwood fitting did not fit the OEM lines. My installer had to re-do all the OEM lines for the fitting's to screw on. Make sure you take it someplace that knows what they are doing. If you're in the DC Metro area PM me I can put you in contact with the guy that installed mine he’s awesome.

American truck website said it best about proper fitment of the lines.

https://www.americantrucks.com/wilwood-tx6r-front-brake-kit-black-1016-manu-install.html

•NOTE: Specified brake hose kits may not work with all Years, Makes and Models of vehicle that this brake kit is applicable to, due to possible OEM manufacturing changes during a production vehicle's life. It is the installer's responsibility to ensure that all fittings and hoses are the correct size and length, to ensure proper sealing and that they will not be subject to crimping, strain and abrasion from vibration or interference with suspension components, brake rotor or wheel.

Very nice!!!! Can’t wait for my R1 kit now!!!! Hurry up guys!!!!!:)

I have the same wheel and tire set up as you are the wilwood rotors 380mm in the front and 6 piston calipers?

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice!!!! Can’t wait for my R1 kit now!!!! Hurry up guys!!!!!:)

I have the same wheel and tire set up as you are the wilwood rotors 380mm in the front and 6 piston calipers?

Not sure on the size but they are 6 piston front and rear.