Tire Rub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...I decided to get different wheels instead to gain the offset but got wheels that retained hub-centric as I have seen several folks with Methods and lug centric, snap lug nuts when off-roading. If you are determined to use spacers even though never recommended, make sure and get those that are high quality bullit and retain hub-centric for your stock wheels.

To RDFTS's point about running hub-centric spacers, check this out:
https://www.thoughtco.com/hub-centric-vs-lug-centric-wheels-3234497

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy, but the ride definitely feels slightly softer to me. Bumps on my street that use to have a noticeable "thud" are much less noticeable. I can't explain why this is the case, but after roughly a week of driving on my new spacers, my perception gladly remains the same.

It's leverage.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of some folks running 1.5" spacers with no issues when off-roading but the folks that I know who have were not jumping their Raptors either. I debated about adding them but spacers and off-roading just seems like not a good idea. So I decided to get different wheels instead to gain the offset but got wheels that retained hub-centric as I have seen several folks with Methods and lug centric, snap lug nuts when off-roading. If you are determined to use spacers even though never recommended, make sure and get those that are high quality bullit and retain hub-centric for your stock wheels.

Also check with your dealership. Some ****** dealerships will void your warranty on front suspension issues if they see spacers. If you have any issues in the future, I highly recommend removing them before bringing your truck in, just to be on the safe side.

Great advice and I 100% agree. I mostly go off-roading with my Polaris RZR or dirt bike. Putting the spacers on and taking them off isn't a big deal, so I will definitely pull them when I take the truck off-road. I bought hub and lug centric spacers, so I should be good for typical road use.