Tire Rub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can do 37s without spacers to achieve a similar look and have the added performance of larger tires.

its simple math, you dont need a how to thread to know whatever 1.5" spacer you are adding is going to be added to the entire circumference of the turn.

The effect of adding a spacer has always been understood with respect to the turning arc of the wheel (Your use of circumference is not correct in this situation.). You seem to be great at math and arrogance, so tell everybody exactly what size spacer you can use with a stock tire and rim in the front and rear without runninng into any issues. The answer will be different for each, but you already know that.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The effect of adding a spacer has always been understood with respect to the turning arc of the wheel (Your use of circumference is not correct in this situation.). You seem to be great at math and arrogance, so tell everybody exactly what size spacer you can use with a stock tire and rim in the front and rear without runninng into any issues. The answer will be different for each, but you already know that.

i don't want a solution i want to be mad

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What??? If you have any other responses, please send me a PM and I will do the same. We are now wasting people's time here.

Um, you just might have started wasting people's time here when you posted, "...but I didn't see anything with the same level of detail on wheel spacers (It may exist, but I didn't see it. I have no interest in personally seeing those links if they do exist, but it might be helpful to others.)."

Are you a teacher?

7f5434e03eeed5458dc2ed24bdea0a98386c899b7bd6865d9e.jpg

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um, you just might have started wasting people's time here when you posted, "...but I didn't see anything with the same level of detail on wheel spacers (It may exist, but I didn't see it. I have no interest in personally seeing those links if they do exist, but it might be helpful to others.)."

Are you a teacher?

7f5434e03eeed5458dc2ed24bdea0a98386c899b7bd6865d9e.jpg

Definitely not a teacher. I only made that comment because I already had my spacers installed and learned what I needed to know. That said, others may have found those links helpful if they did exist

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I installed 1.5" BORA spacers last night and noticed the same thing. That said, the area of the fender that had the rubbing issue is on the inside and it is an extremely soft and flexible plastic, so I was able to use tin snips to very easily cut away a segment that is less than 2 inches wide and about three inches tall. I used some sandpaper to smooth everything out and nobody would ever be able to tell that anything was ever done. Probably took less than 15 minutes to do both sides. In addition, I added some double sided tape behind the fender in this area to hold it tight so it doesn't stick out. The plastic is so soft and flexible that mine was buckling out a little on the driver's side, so the tape holds everything tight.

As for the wheel spacers, you wouldn't think moving the stock wheels out 1.5" would have a big impact on looks, but it really does. It is amazing to me how such a small change can really change the stance and looks of the truck. Something else that I found interesting was how the ride softened. Apparantly moving the wheels out 1.5" changes the geometry enough for the ride to be noticeably softer feeling. I wish the clearances were a little bigger in the front, but I couldn't be happier with the new look and ride.

Wait what? :rofl:

9fe2df18-ed36-44fe-a2c4-b598b6b662a3.png

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait what? :rofl:

9fe2df18-ed36-44fe-a2c4-b598b6b662a3.png

I know it sounds crazy, but the ride definitely feels slightly softer to me. Bumps on my street that use to have a noticeable "thud" are much less noticeable. I can't explain why this is the case, but after roughly a week of driving on my new spacers, my perception gladly remains the same.

D

Deleted member 12951

I've heard of some folks running 1.5" spacers with no issues when off-roading but the folks that I know who have were not jumping their Raptors either. I debated about adding them but spacers and off-roading just seems like not a good idea. So I decided to get different wheels instead to gain the offset but got wheels that retained hub-centric as I have seen several folks with Methods and lug centric, snap lug nuts when off-roading. If you are determined to use spacers even though never recommended, make sure and get those that are high quality bullit and retain hub-centric for your stock wheels.

Also check with your dealership. Some ****** dealerships will void your warranty on front suspension issues if they see spacers. If you have any issues in the future, I highly recommend removing them before bringing your truck in, just to be on the safe side.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
While I don't agree with spacers and "improved ride". I will say I've seen spacers used and run very hard and have not seen any issues.