Timbren has a solution for rear suspension sag!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally was able to go riding and use the trailer with the new Timbrens and I couldn't be any happier. My truck now has maybe one inch of sag and looks very level with my 24' trailer. It drove fine and every bit as good as it did with the WD hitch and that's exactly what I was hoping and looking for. I'm very pleased.

Hey Digger. Without a trailer and the timbrens on it's a pretty hard bump when they hit the stops. How does it feel with the load on? I'm just debating on taking my long trip with them on or not. How is the ride? Rougher I would assume, but does it feel like it has no cushion? Does it feel like an F250? It bucks a lot going over dips with no payload.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Digger. Without a trailer and the timbrens on it's a pretty hard bump when they hit the stops. How does it feel with the load on? I'm just debating on taking my long trip with them on or not. How is the ride? Rougher I would assume, but does it feel like it has no cushion? Does it feel like an F250? It bucks a lot going over dips with no payload.

Yup, you definitely know that they're there but you can only really feel them only over a huge bump. I would 100% pull them before going anywhere off-road though because that could definitely result in a rough ride with the way they limit the suspensions travel. They feel fine with the trailer attached and there's very little bucking like an F250 does. All in all I'm very satisfied with them.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please post your impressions after road trip with them on. If I got timbrens I'd want to leave them on for on road use too.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did three weeks in the southwest with timbrens and a 6000 lb trailer attached. Did a bit over 4000 miles. It's a solid solution. No sag, decent enough ride on pavement or gravel, and surprisingly well on rougher roads both with and without the trailer.

Our route went from the Guadalupes up to Cloudcroft, White Sands, Tuscon/Mt. Lemmon, then over to Ajo and Organ Pipe, then up to Sonoma/Red Rocks, then east to Canyon de Chelly, Santa Fe area and back home. Did a bit of Camino del Diablo to scout about for a future trip.

The truck did great up and down grades, stable on the highway (65-70mph), ate up gravel roads like crazy, and even did perfectly fine with the timbrens on some mild rock crawling around Sonoma.

The worst of it was on paved indian roads at 50+ mph - those roads have big dips and bumps that you can't see until you're on top of them and hitting them at speed hurts with the trailer attached.

We only had one road where we turned back, and that was a rocky dirt single track with a ton of ruts headed down a mountain. And we only shied away from it because there would have been no way to turn the trailer or back it out had the road gotten worse than the spots we could scout.

All in all, the timbrens are a fine solution. Perhaps not perfect, but for the price they just can't be beat.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did three weeks in the southwest with timbrens and a 6000 lb trailer attached. Did a bit over 4000 miles. It's a solid solution. No sag, decent enough ride on pavement or gravel, and surprisingly well on rougher roads both with and without the trailer.

Our route went from the Guadalupes up to Cloudcroft, White Sands, Tuscon/Mt. Lemmon, then over to Ajo and Organ Pipe, then up to Sonoma/Red Rocks, then east to Canyon de Chelly, Santa Fe area and back home. Did a bit of Camino del Diablo to scout about for a future trip.

The truck did great up and down grades, stable on the highway (65-70mph), ate up gravel roads like crazy, and even did perfectly fine with the timbrens on some mild rock crawling around Sonoma.

The worst of it was on paved indian roads at 50+ mph - those roads have big dips and bumps that you can't see until you're on top of them and hitting them at speed hurts with the trailer attached.

We only had one road where we turned back, and that was a rocky dirt single track with a ton of ruts headed down a mountain. And we only shied away from it because there would have been no way to turn the trailer or back it out had the road gotten worse than the spots we could scout.

All in all, the timbrens are a fine solution. Perhaps not perfect, but for the price they just can't be beat.

Great review and I couldn't agree more. I've had them in for a few wks now and I honestly have only felt them once or twice. I was very happy when I was finally able to pull my trailer with them and there was hardly any sag and how nicely the truck drove with the added weight of my trailer and without the WD hitch.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the timbrens installed and it seems a lot harsher even on small bumps. Sounds crazy but I was thinking about cutting them in half. Has anybody tried the sumo springs yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the timbrens installed and it seems a lot harsher even on small bumps. Sounds crazy but I was thinking about cutting them in half. Has anybody tried the sumo springs yet?

Just pull them and go out for a quick drive and see if it's the Timbrens because I don't feel that they're any harsher over the small stuff.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking under it looks like drivers side is actually touching the pad and the passenger side is about 1/4 inch off.
I’m gonna remove them and drive for a while without them.
I figured if I cut them in half they still would be a lot bigger than the original bump stops. Only reason I need them is once a week I have to pick up a pallet of water for work.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

a6b56b291dfbbcb810f348ed5d1a0a6a.jpg drivers side03602570d3e92da840c60429ca8f19e0.jpgpassenger side

tt_goat

Reaction score
Curious on how these work, are they universal fit or vehicle specific?

I had a 2011 f-150. I towed my 66 galaxie on a feathlite trailer very regularly with it.

To add some load capacity, minimize the squat, combat axle wrap and minimize the sway, I bought the roadmaster active suspension setup.

When i traded the truck in, I removed the setup.

I recently had to haul my galaxie after breaking it down for bodywork and paint.

On stock springs, it sagged WAY too much for me. On a whim, I installed the roadmaster setup.

they still work great. Once you get used to putting them on, it takes all of 10 mins.

They solve the sag and axle wrap problem. They solve the sway issue.

You can leave them on when not towing and while they will impact suspension flex capabilities, they do not harsh the ride up.

if you arent towing and need the flex, you just remove them.