Timbren has a solution for rear suspension sag!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks to those who mentioned Timbren SES. I wanted to see what this product/solution is and instead I found their Active Off-Road Bumpstops...

Active Off-Road Bumpstops - ABSFR1504R - Timbren Ind

From this Timbren webpage:
ABSFR1504R - Active Off-Road Bumpstops
The Active Off-Road Bumpstops offer off-road enthusiasts greater control over their vehicles’ suspension travel. Using progressive-rate springs means that instead of a hard stop at the end of axle travel the axle energy will be absorbed when bottoming-out producing smooth, predictable and quiet axle engagement and disengagement.

Unlike the OEM bumpstops, Timbren uses superior natural rubber compound ensuring the Active Off-Road Bumpstops will continue to operate even after a lifetime of off-road abuse. Similar to our Timbren SES line, Active Off-Road Bumpstops carry a lifetime warranty and a satisfaction guarantee.

The ABSFR1504R replaces the rear bumpstops on the Ford SVT Raptor. Install a bumpstop kit and experience the difference.

ABSFR1504R-1-1280x322.jpg

Product Features
Maximize Axle Travel
Smooth Axle Engagement & Disengagement
Enhance Rear Suspension Performance
Progressive Spring Rate
Absorbs Energy & Cushions Road Shocks
Stronger Than OEM Bumpstops
Easy Installation
Lifetime Warranty
Satisfaction Guarantee

ABSFR1504R-2-1280x322.jpg

Installation instructions:http://timbren.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/ABSFR1504R.pdf

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installation instructions:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.19.02 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.19.02 AM.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 175
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.19.14 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.19.14 AM.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 128

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reason your going with Icon over deaver?
Mostly due to a recommendation I got from a guy who has experience with both. But I like the fact that they've got 3 spring rates that I can experiment with. Also, my mechanic is a certified Icon dealer and I know from past experience that he'll have my back in the off chance that something isn't right.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Thanks to those who mentioned Timbren SES I was finally able to see what this product/solution is...

That's actually a different product to the SES. The ABS is supposed to be a better bumpstop, but it won't reduce sag any.

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to those who mentioned Timbren SES I was finally able to see what this product/solution is...

The Active Off-Road Bumpstops offer off-road enthusiasts greater control over their vehicles’ suspension travel. Using progressive-rate springs means that instead of a hard stop at the end of axle travel the axle energy will be absorbed when bottoming-out producing smooth, predictable and quiet axle engagement and disengagement.

Unlike the OEM bumpstops, Timbren uses superior natural rubber compound ensuring the Active Off-Road Bumpstops will continue to operate even after a lifetime of off-road abuse. Similar to our Timbren SES line, Active Off-Road Bumpstops carry a lifetime warranty and a satisfaction guarantee.

The ABSFR1504R replaces the rear bumpstops on the Ford SVT Raptor. Install a bumpstop kit and experience the difference.

ABSFR1504R-1-1280x322.jpg

Product Features
Maximize Axle Travel
Smooth Axle Engagement & Disengagement
Enhance Rear Suspension Performance
Progressive Spring Rate
Absorbs Energy & Cushions Road Shocks
Stronger Than OEM Bumpstops
Easy Installation
Lifetime Warranty
Satisfaction Guarantee

ABSFR1504R-2-1280x322.jpg

Installation instructions:http://timbren.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/ABSFR1504R.pdf

Those look good as well, but what I was actually referring to are these:

Timbren SES Suspension Upgrades - Upgrade Your Truck, Van, SUV

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Don't know yet. i'm estimating 700 lbs, and another 960 lbs of passengers and gear. So 1660 lbs total, and I've got a 1150 lb labeled capacity on my truck.

I'll be a little light when I go to get the trailer, since that weight includes 180 lbs of extra water and fuel, an extra passenger, and probably another 150 lbs of gear that I won't take.

So the first trip won't be a perfect indication, but I'll take some pics anyway. We're headed out for a 3 week trip a few weeks later where I'll be fully loaded.

BTW, my local dealer just called while I was typing this and Timbren is shipping out a set to arrive Monday AM - $235 plus $26.29 for the rush shipping.

She said that the Raptor version of the SES is rated at 6000 lbs capacity, which is the same as their standard SES kit.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

This is a poor man's version of using bump stops to increase load capacity. Instead of being pneumatic like the Fox air bumps or air bags, these are basically squishy blocks of rubber. There's surely some performance disadvantage, definitely a little more trouble to install and remove, and of course you don't have the benefit of running shorter air bumps when not towing. But on the flip side, they're $1300+ cheaper than any of the Fox kits.

For my use, they definitely should do the trick until I can get my hands on the Icon springs. Ultimately, I hope the Icons will allow me to run with just the factory bumps. (I'm not convinced that the Gen 2 needs air bumps for offload abuse like the Gen 1 did, so the Fox kits would be of limited use for us, imo.) At any rate, this will save me from having to get a WD hitch just for these first few trips.

Short vid -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekUff1zPG80

Have you tested these out yet? Inquiring minds want to know.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Here's their video on the Timbren SES Suspension product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=ekUff1zPG80

Good video about this product, measured truck heights before and after, and installation. Yes, it's on a Chevy but the info is quite informative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEwVSkr5rRs

-------------------------------------------------

It would seem to me that you'd only want the Timbren SES installed when towing/hauling heavy loads but not for off roading as the product would reduce the rear suspension's performance. Is that how you see it?

Perhaps a Raptor owner would want both the Timbren SES and the Timbren Active Off Road Bump Stops run full time except when towing/hauling heavy loads?

Last edited:
OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here's their video on the Timbren SES Suspension product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=ekUff1zPG80

Good video about this product, measured truck heights before and after, and installation. Yes, it's on a Chevy but the info is quite informative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEwVSkr5rRs

-------------------------------------------------

It would seem to me that you'd only want the Timbren SES installed when towing/hauling heavy loads but not for off roading as the product would reduce the rear suspension's performance. Is that how you see it?

Perhaps a Raptor owner would want both the Timbren SES and the Timbren Active Off Road Bump Stops run full time except when towing/hauling heavy loads?

Yep. I was thinking the SES system for heavy loads only. Then remove it for offroading. I think it would be fine to leave them on for every day driving.

The bump stops: Perhaps swap them back and forth with the SES sysytem as needed?

Since I live in Dallas, I don't get to get offroad NEARLY as much as I would like. Have to head to OK or AR for that.

Thanks for expanding on my meager post WhatExit. Should have been more informative from the start.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Voila:

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

Short review: you wouldn't want to take these offload.

On the way back from the shop, which was a pretty rough road, I could definitely feel them on the dips, not so much over bumps and rough patches. In other words, pretty much what you'd expect. You could leave them on if you're on pavement but you'd feel them every now and then. I think the truck corners a bit flatter though, lol. You'll have to jack up to install or remove them. For my needs, I think they're fine but not the ultimate solution. My trailer's been delayed a week so it won't be until then that I can test them out for what they're meant for.

Installed, still on the jack:

IMG_2218.jpg

And lowered, maybe ¾" clear. I can stick my finger in there with a little wiggle room:

IMG_2221.jpg

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Voila:

Short review: you wouldn't want to take these offload.

On the way back from the shop, which was a pretty rough road, I could definitely feel them on the dips, not so much over bumps and rough patches. In other words, pretty much what you'd expect. You could leave them on if you're on pavement but you'd feel them every now and then. I think the truck corners a bit flatter though, lol. You'll have to jack up to install or remove them. For my needs, I think they're fine but not the ultimate solution. My trailer's been delayed a week so it won't be until then that I can test them out for what they're meant for.

Thanks for posting! I'll be curious to see how much they help with sag once the trailer is hooked up. So, how long would you guess it will take to swap back and forth with the bump stops?

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not long. It's literally one bolt, with decent access from the wheel well.