SVCOFFROAD C.A.S. Coil Adjustment System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thepro8

Reaction score
Not yet, but haven’t looked hard. My truck doesn’t come In until end of Feb. I may do the job myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaRacer

Reaction score
Charging shocks

Had a little hiccup on my install when I went to charge the shocks.

Wanted to share in case any of you run into the same situation.

Got the SVC schrader adapters installed no problem. Was careful not to put too much pressure when tightening.

To charge I went to the tool I've used hundreds of times.

When tightening down on the adapter it snapped before getting tight. Generally you can feel the adapter starting to seat when it reaches the head of the schrader.

When I looked into why the adapter snapped the threading for the schrader side of the adapter is too short to allow the tool to seat on the threads.

Attached a pic of the charge tool and the comparison between the adapters and what would be more of a standard schrader.

So no way to use this tool properly on these adapters.

$30 later I have replacements from SVC. Bought 2 so I had a backup.

Now the subsequent issue is the protector cap doesn't fit due to what appears to be some change in the threads.

Think I am done with these adapters and will look to convert to a standard schrader when I get time.

Attachments

• 20180112_112652.jpg
    20180112_112652.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 104

tonester74

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just had these installed and have terrible rattle/knock when going over small bumps. Like a dirt road surface. Almost like something is loose. I asked the mechanic and he said he couldn't do anything about the noise because the shocks were pushed outwards and touching something. Anyone else getting that rattle/knocking sound?

Thanks,

BajaRacer

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just had these installed and have terrible rattle/knock when going over small bumps. Like a dirt road surface. Almost like something is loose. I asked the mechanic and he said he couldn't do anything about the noise because the shocks were pushed outwards and touching something. Anyone else getting that rattle/knocking sound?

Thanks,

I'd say something sounds a bit off with your installers comments. Shocks should not be pushed in any direction with these collars.

If I was to take a guess I'd say they didn't charge the shocks properly.

When I was waiting to get the replacement adapter for the one that broke I ran my truck w/o any nitrogen in the shock and had the same sound you are talking about.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone install this and then adjust for more lift after? Do you just lift the front end up and crank on it? Or do you have to remove the shock to do so? Seems like it would be too hard to adjust under load.

About to add +3 deavers to rear so want to bring the front end up more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone install this and then adjust for more lift after? Do you just lift the front end up and crank on it? Or do you have to remove the shock to do so? Seems like it would be too hard to adjust under load.

About to add +3 deavers to rear so want to bring the front end up more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You have to remove to adjust height.

thepro8

Reaction score
What are you guys paying to have this installed? I just got a quote for $900 which seems high.

Any recommended installers in North Carolina?

Qnardacci

Reaction score
What are you guys paying to have this installed? I just got a quote for $900 which seems high.

Any recommended installers in North Carolina?

Around $500 without an alignment .
It was the first time they installed one.
Desert Rat in PHX