Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 2]

SVCOFFROAD C.A.S. Coil Adjustment System

This is a discussion on SVCOFFROAD C.A.S. Coil Adjustment System within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by svc With the new 2017 Raptor hitting dealer showrooms we have been hard at work the past ...

User Tag List

Like Tree233Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2016, 12:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by svc View Post
With the new 2017 Raptor hitting dealer showrooms we have been hard at work the past few months developing new products, and improving on our current line-up of high performance products for Fords new flagship F-150, the 2017 Raptor. Ford stepped up their game on this truck with offering Fox 3.0 IBP coil-overs as a factory equipment. As great as these are going to be compared to the old 2.5 IBP shocks, Ford took away one of the main things what we all loved about the original, and that's the ability to adjust ride height. Now there is a solution that doesn't just offer you a simple one height fits all adjustment, such as mid or top perch, or a adding a spacer.

SVCOFFROAD has developed a hybrid system known as C.A.S. Coil-Adjustment-System. Our new C.A.S. System will turn your static front coil-over into a direct drop on threaded body coil-over, basically turning it into a true infinite height adjustable Coil-over as found on all aftermarket 3.0 Systems

Our new C.A.S. System will allow the following

- Infinite height adjustment up to original Top Perch height

- Allow for front end corner balancing

- Allow for finite front suspension adjustments to compensate for added weights. EX: if you add a heavy front bumper with a winch, or you add tons of lights, you don't limit yourself to just one height fits all.

- Designed to fit directly over coil-over

- Manufactured in the U.S.A

So now the fun part, we are looking for three willing participants to allow us to install the new C.A.S. (Coil-Adjustment-System) on their new 2017 Raptor.

Thanks.

I'm down to give you my truck for the install as soon as it gets here. I have ETA of Jan 6th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcomilano77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

so, you'll turn the bottom part for adjustment while its on the truck, since the spring is somewhat clocked on the perch?
SOAKINRED likes this.
downforce137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Default SVCOFFROAD C.A.S. Coil Adjustment System
Originally Posted by downforce137 View Post
so, you'll turn the bottom part for adjustment while its on the truck, since the spring is somewhat clocked on the perch?

That was my thought as well.
I would almost rather leave the bottom stationary and have a threaded ring with a lock nut (like on the fox 3.0") and then let the spring bucket ride on the ring so it adjusts appropriately.

My concern is the bottom threaded portion seizing / oxidizing to the shock body in the Midwest winter / salt. Then you won't be able to spin it to make adjustments

Otherwise you'd have to coat the hole ID with anti-seize.

Still much safer than a clamp on system

downforce137 likes this.

Icom F5021,RPG Stg 4+ Fox 3.0 coilovers, RPG Tie-rods (modified to camburg hardware), RPG PS reservoir, Camburg 1.25" UCA's , Raptor -Retro fit '13 HIDS, Line-x preminum, Bluewater LED bed lights, Ipad mini navigation. Bubba rope. Rollx, Recon 10.5k winch synth rope, factor 55, SVC Custom acuated tower. Visions 30" xmitter extreme, 35" toyo MT, visionx 6550 spot.

Last edited by Huck; 12-29-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

Thrilled to see this coming! Was always looking for a better mid perch + a little more solution on Gen1.

@svc Some added $.02, would be great if eventually offered in colors similar to fox's current blue / silver / etc...for those ppl looking to stay more "oe looking" for better warranty claim treatment on upper arms/tie rods/cv's etc

Again, great to see this concept coming
Huck likes this.
Sitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Originally Posted by svc View Post
So now the fun part, we are looking for three willing participants to allow us to install the new C.A.S. (Coil-Adjustment-System) on their new 2017 Raptor.[/COLOR]
I'm in but I'm in KS... you boys wanna catch a bird?

Old 12-30-2016, 02:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

svc
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 352 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by marcomilano77 View Post
I'm down to give you my truck for the install as soon as it gets here. I have ETA of Jan 6th

We will take it. Call the shop line or pm to schedule it.

Thanks a bunch.

Jarrett

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Huck View Post
That was my thought as well.
I would almost rather leave the bottom stationary and have a threaded ring with a lock nut (like on the fox 3.0") and then let the spring bucket ride on the ring so it adjusts appropriately.

My concern is the bottom threaded portion seizing / oxidizing to the shock body in the Midwest winter / salt. Then you won't be able to spin it to make adjustments

Otherwise you'd have to coat the hole ID with anti-seize.

Still much safer than a clamp on system

Huck,

Your thinking is in the right place.

I'll try my best to explain how the system works. If you look at the picture of the exploded view, you will notice that the black threaded body has holes in it just like the top gold perch.

The gold threaded body is the part that adjusts up and down the shock, not the hard anodized black piece. That part has holes in it so you can keep that stationary when adjusting the gold perch. Or if you live on the east coast, it will seize up during winter and you won't ever have to worry about the threaded body moving on ya Lol.

It works just like any other coil-over system. The perch is what's moving up and down the shock body, not the treads.

Hope this helps in understanding the system better.

Also, it looks like there might be some demand for this system on the Gen 1 front shocks. If we see there's demand for it, we will gladly build one for the 2010-2014 OE raptor coil-overs.

With regards to colors. We are hard anodizing the threaded body which is a blackish color when done. But the top perch can easily be done in a similar blue to keep an OE look to it.

Please keep in mind, we are still in the pre-production phase of this system, we are always open to any and all suggestions from the actual people who are interested in the system.

Thanks

Jarrett
marcomilano77 likes this.

SVCOFFROAD

Monday-Friday 9-5pm
1-888-976-5588

27324 Camino Capistrano Unit 181/227
Laguna Niguel,CA 92677

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/specialvehicleconcepts
http://instagram.com/officialSVC
https://twitter.com/officialSVC

svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I follow the concept.
My thought was leave the bottom mount stationary.
Adjust a ring just like the top of the 3.0"

I know the gen 1 2.5" had a spring perch on the top of the shock also. So you would not be able to rotate the whole spring to maintain alignment with the current spring bucket.

Haven't seen a gen 2 mount so I have no idea what the design of the top bucket is.
I'll still take one, ship it with the gen 2 bump stop kit

Icom F5021,RPG Stg 4+ Fox 3.0 coilovers, RPG Tie-rods (modified to camburg hardware), RPG PS reservoir, Camburg 1.25" UCA's , Raptor -Retro fit '13 HIDS, Line-x preminum, Bluewater LED bed lights, Ipad mini navigation. Bubba rope. Rollx, Recon 10.5k winch synth rope, factor 55, SVC Custom acuated tower. Visions 30" xmitter extreme, 35" toyo MT, visionx 6550 spot.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

svc
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 352 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default SVCOFFROAD C.A.S. Coil Adjustment System
Got the measurements done! Making a few small changes , then off to laser!

SVCOFFROAD

Monday-Friday 9-5pm
1-888-976-5588

27324 Camino Capistrano Unit 181/227
Laguna Niguel,CA 92677

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/specialvehicleconcepts
http://instagram.com/officialSVC
https://twitter.com/officialSVC

svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hey Jarrett, when do you think this will be ready to ship, did you nail down cost yet?
Erock4129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Will this be the same height as mid perch on gen 1 or higher ?

BRAPPPP is offline   Reply With Quote