SVCOFFROAD C.A.S. Coil Adjustment System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

June158

Reaction score
Received today. These are a work of art Jarrett!

Looking forward to have these installed sooner than later.

Thanks

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Received today. These are a work of art Jarrett!

Looking forward to have these installed sooner than later.

Thanks

That was quick! Appreciate the compliment as well! I think once people see how much bang they are getting for the buck the decision is easy. Make sure to post pics once Installed!

-Jeff

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine on Friday and installed them in the snow today. It's always the best when your truck is too big to fit in your garage and you have the wheels off in the driveway when it is snowing! The install took 4 hours which isn't too bad. Getting these coilovers off is similar to a Taco or Tundra but the top bolts were a little harder to get to and the lower shock bolt is insanely tight. If you don't have the right sockets, forget it.

I set the height at 1" on the passenger and 1.125" on the driver which ended up as 1-3/8" lift on the passenger and 1-1/2" on the driver. This leveled the truck perfectly left/right with a full tank of gas and nobody inside. My truck still has a very small amount of rake but most important to me is the 1-1/2" additional ground clearance under the front differential. It needed that, as much as I would like the truck to stay low for CG reasons.

62d017ccd73e16fc4c31a050f7e556a6.jpg

A couple notes from my install. The spanner wrench that comes with the kit looks nice but broke the second I tried to use it. The heat from the weld embrittled the pin. Good thing I had the Proto set. I didn't try very long with the hammer to set the new coil can before switching to the press. If you can get access to one it makes this part super easy. I have no idea if I would have ever gotten them pressed on with a dead blow. Could end up wrecking the threads too. I recommend getting some large spanner/coil wrenches to adjust these, I didn't have any big enough and had to use a strap wrench and the coil compressors to get it setup where I wanted.

012674da665380212547c8565c1ada34.jpg
711bc3a65d931e6cf3de1d971e2df98e.jpg
1ed94d9bbafa840c80d404c16c0f3368.jpg
Outside of the few minor issues with the install, a top quality product that gives a lot of adjustment options to cover winches, bumpers, skidplates, side to side imbalance, and lift height.

Some spanner diameters from SVC would be helpful, or including a set of those because they are just as specialized as the cap spanner.

Last edited:

NWFreerider

Reaction score
Did you discharge the nitrogen for the CAS install, then recharge the shock? Jeff at SVC says this has to be done but I haven't read about anyone else doing this...

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you discharge the nitrogen for the CAS install, then recharge the shock? Jeff at SVC says this has to be done but I haven't read about anyone else doing this...

Yes, it has to be done because Fox decided to make the cap a larger diameter than the shock body which prevents removal of the stock collar and installation of the SVC one. The kit includes very nice replacement valves and caps with o-ring seals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

NWFreerider

Reaction score
Gotcha. My truck just got do my dealer on Friday and my CASs come in tomorrow. Luckily my dealer has a good tech that can handle suspension work.

ScottB

Reaction score
Had the SVC Coil Adjustment System installed by Strapt Performance here in Phoenix today along with the AFE Mach Force exhaust. First off, if you live in or near Phoenix, the guys at Strapt Performance are solid and they do great work.

The SVC C.A.S. took them just over 2 hours to install. They commented on how quality the product was. The install was almost seamless with the exception of the supplied spanner wrench breaking. They welded the knobs back on the wrench and proceeded forward. The supplied instructions were perfect. We put 1.25" of preload into the driver side and 1" into the passenger side based on a previous post I read. After the 45 minute drive home it is sitting dead even side to side and +1/16" front to back. It may settle over time and I may have to adjust with the new bumpers but obviously that will be no issue.

I was nervous as hell to change the ride but to my surprise the ride got better IMO. It feels as though by raising the front end up, it put the shock into a softer "ride zone". I was honestly anticipating it to be firmer with the additional pre-load. I am ecstatic with the outcome. Jarrett at SVC was great to work with, product install was perfect, ride is better than stock. I will be absolutely purchasing SVC's rear bump stop kit when available.

IMG_2790_zpsza5imlux.jpg

IMG_2811_zpsnb6wegs9.jpg

IMG_2808_zpsertqn6qy.jpg

IMG_2809_zpskijeqfui.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Had the SVC Coil Adjustment System installed by Strapt Performance here in Phoenix today along with the AFE Mach Force exhaust. First off, if you live in or near Phoenix, the guys at Strapt Performance are solid and they do great work.

The SVC C.A.S. took them just over 2 hours to install. They commented on how quality the product was. The install was almost seamless with the exception of the supplied spanner wrench breaking. They welded the knobs back on the wrench and proceeded forward. The supplied instructions were perfect. We put 1.25" of preload into the driver side and 1" into the passenger side based on a previous post I read. After the 45 minute drive home it is sitting dead even side to side and +1/16" front to back. It may settle over time and I may have to adjust with the new bumpers but obviously that will be no issue.

I was nervous as hell to change the ride but to my surprise the ride got better IMO. It feels as though by raising the front end up, it put the shock into a softer "ride zone". I was honestly anticipating it to be firmer with the additional pre-load. I am ecstatic with the outcome. Jarrett at SVC was great to work with, product install was perfect, ride is better than stock. I will be absolutely purchasing SVC's rear bump stop kit when available.

IMG_2790_zpsza5imlux.jpg

IMG_2811_zpsnb6wegs9.jpg

IMG_2808_zpsertqn6qy.jpg

IMG_2809_zpskijeqfui.jpg

Glad you guys are happy with everything. For all future kits we are going beef up the spanner wrench. We have used it for a few installs now without breaking it, but clearly it needs to be addressed, and it will.

For those of you out there, when you use the wrench, try to break it loose without hitting it with a hammer if possible. If you need to give it a little extra love, use a rubber mallet and tap it just enough to crack loose.

Keep the pics and info coming. Truck looks great

Jarrett

marcomilano77

Full Access Member
Reaction score

IMG_2790_zpsza5imlux.jpg

IMG_2811_zpsnb6wegs9.jpg

IMG_2808_zpsertqn6qy.jpg

IMG_2809_zpskijeqfui.jpg

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Scott. I'm going for the same setup, CAS in the front and rear bump stop kit [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Scott. I'm going for the same setup, CAS in the front and rear bump stop kit [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have something really cool in store for the Gen 2 Raptors bump kits that I think you will all be very happy with.

Jarrett