Sulastic shackles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, either I'm a moron (no comments!), or the search function above is for shit, 'cause I couldn't find anything on this subject.

Anyhow, what sayeth FRF on the subject of Sulastic shackles? It seems like they might add some additional compliance to the rear suspension as well as a mild lift to the ass end of the truck...

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I honestly don't think anyone has used them yet. I've never heard of them until now. It's an interesting idea though.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've read about these in the super duty forums... Supposedly they make a 3/4 ton ride like a half ton. I wonder how long they last, especially if on a Raptor being used off road a lot.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These look interesting.

Now that I see how they work I do think they would give a softer ride, but I think they were more envisioned to overcome very stiff heavy duty leaf springs on big boy trucks.

My concern with them on a raptor is that they would make the axle hop issue worse. The truck already hops because of the long squishy suspension.
Thats just a guess though. I’m no expect by any means.

Alright, either I'm a moron (no comments!), or the search function above is for shit, 'cause I couldn't find anything on this subject.

Anyhow, what sayeth FRF on the subject of Sulastic shackles? It seems like they might add some additional compliance to the rear suspension as well as a mild lift to the ass end of the truck...

Reaction score
I had them for 1 year. The ride was smoother but while offroading it gave me a lot of wheel hop which eventually bent my leaf springs and lowered my rear end height.