Stock Springs with Perch Collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adam p

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently purchased and installed the SVC perch collars. I have them set on 2". I love the height of the truck. I do notice the truck being slightly stiffer. I live in Lake Havasu and we have many large dips in the road, due to washes. I often drive over the washes (fast) and lift the front end of the truck. When I first bought the truck and hit the wash, the truck handled beautifully. After installing the perches, the take-off is a bit stiff, the landing is smooth, however, there seems to be a second rebound after the initial landing. I assume this is due to the springs being under more tension.

The question is as follows: is there a softer spring available that will simulate the stock rebound, while maintaining the new ride height of the truck?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

AP

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what youre asking for makes no sense. the lift you got is from more spring tension. so anything that decreases the spring tension (preload) would allow the shock to lower back to its stock height.
So no. There is no way to lift the truck by making the spring stiffer and then put a softer spring on and expect it to stay lifted.
You would need an actual lift kit that moves the suspension mounting locations. But if youre going to do that you've completely defeated the purpose of the raptor.

OP
OP
A

adam p

Reaction score
what youre asking for makes no sense. the lift you got is from more spring tension. so anything that decreases the spring tension (preload) would allow the shock to lower back to its stock height.
So no. There is no way to lift the truck by making the spring stiffer and then put a softer spring on and expect it to stay lifted.
You would need an actual lift kit that moves the suspension mounting locations. But if youre going to do that you've completely defeated the purpose of the raptor.

That answers the question. So i need to decide whether to lower the setting of the perch or keep as is. I appreciate the feedback.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently purchased and installed the SVC perch collars. I have them set on 2". I love the height of the truck. I do notice the truck being slightly stiffer. I live in Lake Havasu and we have many large dips in the road, due to washes. I often drive over the washes (fast) and lift the front end of the truck. When I first bought the truck and hit the wash, the truck handled beautifully. After installing the perches, the take-off is a bit stiff, the landing is smooth, however, there seems to be a second rebound after the initial landing. I assume this is due to the springs being under more tension.

The question is as follows: is there a softer spring available that will simulate the stock rebound, while maintaining the new ride height of the truck?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

AP

What you want are the Geiser progressive springs. They are longer than stock for 2-2.5" of additional ride height up front. But they ride a LOT better than the stockers at that height.

OP
OP
A

adam p

Reaction score
What you want are the Geiser progressive springs. They are longer than stock for 2-2.5" of additional ride height up front. But they ride a LOT better than the stockers at that height.

I assume I go back to the stock perch and install the springs. Am I correct?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What determines whether you get 2 or 2.5" of lift from a progressive spring? Some who have them seem to get more lift, while other get less. Is the difference in height due to the weight of a SCAB vs a SCREW or is it the Geiser springs sometimes end up with different strength characteristics?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What determines whether you get 2 or 2.5" of lift from a progressive spring? Some who have them seem to get more lift, while other get less. Is the difference in height due to the weight of a SCAB vs a SCREW or is it the Geiser springs sometimes end up with different strength characteristics?

Less than precise measurements, ground that isn't perfectly level, and tolerance stacking. In that order.

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk, I was going the Geiser route and talked out of it due to the springs being too stiff. So I went with rgp collars at 2.25" I agree completely with the OP. They rebound to quick for me. So, the fix is either step up to Fox aftermarket shocks, on order, or re-valve adding more rebound.