GEN 2 Stock rear shocks clunk / cavitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the rear stock fox’s?

Noticed mine creek / groan and clunk pretty bad.
You can feel it in the body if someone bounces in the bed. 18k miles, no Offroad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evan9r

Reaction score
I have the same issue at 15k. Took it in for an oil change and told them to check it over. Their response was that it was the Fox shocks cavitating loudly along with the seals on the shaft. They didnt have an answer as to why its only on the rear of the truck. I personally think it is the rubber bushings at the end of the shock where it connects to the frame. I may spray some lithium grease on them and see if it stops.

Qnardacci

Reaction score
I have the same issue at 15k. Took it in for an oil change and told them to check it over. Their response was that it was the Fox shocks cavitating loudly along with the seals on the shaft. They didnt have an answer as to why its only on the rear of the truck. I personally think it is the rubber bushings at the end of the shock where it connects to the frame. I may spray some lithium grease on them and see if it stops.

What about the warranty? 15 k isn’t a lot of miles

coder

Reaction score
Cavitation it not normal it is caused when the shocks gas pressure is to low and the oil bubbles. These bubbles create voids in the oil that allow the piston to move through the oil without resistance. This should be a warranty item to either recharge or replace the shocks.

aschiller98

Reaction score
I took my truck through some mud after it rained and now the rear end is squeaking very loud. I dont think it is coming from the shocks but maybe the leaf springs.

OP
OP
Huck

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took my truck through some mud after it rained and now the rear end is squeaking very loud. I dont think it is coming from the shocks but maybe the leaf springs.

Squeaking is just dirt in the leafs / bushing.

The groaning and clunking is the bad shocks.
My dealer said “their off road shocks” I responded with “your idiots” and will check a different dealer.

Even though I have Kings en-route and deavers.
I also faced about 1.5” of tear leaf sag. Never hauled anything heavy or off-roaded yet.

aschiller98

Reaction score
I figured it was the leaf spring bushings. I know for the Gen 1 trucks, Ford issued a TSB stating that any clunking was normal since they were off road shocks. The shocks on my Gen 2 are completely silent though.

Squeaking is just dirt in the leafs / bushing.

The groaning and clunking is the bad shocks.
My dealer said “their off road shocks” I responded with “your idiots” and will check a different dealer.

Even though I have Kings en-route and deavers.
I also faced about 1.5” of tear leaf sag. Never hauled anything heavy or off-roaded yet.