Stock leaf spring travel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The suspension on my truck is completely stock and I noticed this when cleaning the other day. This had to have happened when I was wheeling in Hollister. My time there was all slow speed climbing. I’m really surprised contact was made here. It’s in the front of the well. Now I’m thinking deavers, but I want to keep the stock height. Maybe +3’s with the 2” rpg shackles, what do you think?

IMG_2869.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Stock wheels and tires too?

+2 leafs gets you back to stock because you remove the 2" block. +3 provides about 1" higher. The drop shackles will get you back down to stock height. If you are rubbing though, you might want to stick with getting the 1" higher and not use a longer shackle.

We are a RPG reseller so would ship both direct from them to you. Deavers are about 2 weeks out.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The suspension on my truck is completely stock and I noticed this when cleaning the other day. This had to have happened when I was wheeling in Hollister. My time there was all slow speed climbing. I’m really surprised contact was made here. It’s in the front of the well. Now I’m thinking deavers, but I want to keep the stock height. Maybe +3’s with the 2” rpg shackles, what do you think?

View attachment 93291

EXACT SAME THING happened to mine at Raptoberfest. Completely stock yet rubs on fenderwell???

.....well stock for 4 more days. [emoji41]

slaughter

Reaction score
Are the plus 3 a stiffer spring set up or same ride quality kit with extra added leafs for the 1” difference. I’m shopping around for the best price on deavers.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you have planned?!

Taking the truck to TMX to install my Icon spacers, then turbo adapters, +3 deavers, 37" tires and wheels with front fender trim mod for full clearance. Will post up pics on Thursday. My wife says the stock truck isn't big enough. [emoji16] awesome woman!

slaughter, My Gen1 had deavers also, they ride smoother than stock as it is an 11 spring pack vs stock 3 spring. They are each thinner so you get a progressive flex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Taking the truck to TMX to install my Icon spacers, then turbo adapters, +3 deavers, 37" tires and wheels with front fender trim mod for full clearance. Will post up pics on Thursday. My wife says the stock truck isn't big enough. [emoji16] awesome woman!

slaughter, My Gen1 had deavers also, they ride smoother than stock as it is an 11 spring pack vs stock 3 spring. They are each thinner so you get a progressive flex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's awesome, post pics after you get it done!