Squeeky Leaf Spring Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After an awesome run with AZRR i had some seriously bad squeeking. I tried cleaning and lubing the leaf pack but it was a temporary fix. I saw this post from bombsquad and decided to check it out.

Hey guys, if you have a squeek check your leaf spring retainers. On my drivers side pack, the bigger one just behind the rear axle isn't centered and rubs on the side of the leafs, even though it has a plastic wear piece. If you run a flatbar or something wide and flat in you can bend it away so it's not touching.

I asked the dealer to look at mine yesterday during the service and repair it, they just sprayed penetrant on everything and it came back in 10 miles. This fixed it for good.

Sure enough this ended up being the fix. I jacked up the truck and used a screwdriver to pry between the leafs to find out where the squeek was coming from. All the retaining clips on both sides of the truck were rubbing at some point. This created the squeek. I wedged a screwdriver between the clip and spring and hammered the screwdriver it in to bend the clip out a bit.

I also found that the parking brake cable squeeked pretty bad at the points where it goes through its retaining brackets.

I bought some Fluid Film from the local auto parts store and sprayed it all over the leafs and the parking brake cable brackets.

Zero squeek now. I'll update if it comes back.