Spring collars vs spacer for Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I am hoping you could tell me why a spring collar would be better then running a spacer. I'm looking to pickup 1-1.5 inches in the front. I feel like by add the spring collars your effectively putting more spring preload which should change how the ride is. Vs a spacer that doesn't change the spring preload. Im not looking to change ride characteristics, just want to get rid of some of the rake in the front end.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Preload adjusts your ride height, but shouldnt affect the ride, as the spring rate is exactly the same. You just loose some drop travel.

Highly recommend the RPG collars

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys I am hoping you could tell me why a spring collar would be better then running a spacer. I'm looking to pickup 1-1.5 inches in the front. I feel like by add the spring collars your effectively putting more spring preload which should change how the ride is. Vs a spacer that doesn't change the spring preload. Im not looking to change ride characteristics, just want to get rid of some of the rake in the front end.

Are you talking about a spacer that mounts to the top of the coil over like a standard F150 leveling kits or a spacer that goes under the spring like the BajaMod spring spacer?

The Bajamod spacer does the same thing as a collar like RPG, it just installs differently. It will increase preload but not change the travel.

A spacer that mounts to the top of the shock will cause the shock to bottom out on compression. Do not run a space on the top of the shock. As for the other options it comes down to the amount of lift/preload.

RPG-1.5" or 3" of lift available
BajaMod- 2" of lift
SVC-adjustable from 0-~3.5" of lift

OP
OP
B

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 1.5" RPG collar and I think the extra preload improves the ride.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Perfect, thats what I will do....did you an alignment after install? Curious if it was out of spec after install.

PuNk1nPo0p

Reaction score
Alignment

Perfect, thats what I will do....did you an alignment after install? Curious if it was out of spec after install.

If you want to get the most out of your tires its worth the $50-$100 to get it done. If you plan to add wheels and tires in the next couple weeks then I would wait until after that to avoid doing it twice.

Last edited: