So why did Ford use 2 inch lift blocks on the stock springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScorchedEarth

Reaction score
judging by how much these raptors ag with just 3-400 lbs, id assume its a raptor specif leaf with a much softer spring rate

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
judging by how much these raptors ag with just 3-400 lbs, id assume its a raptor specif leaf with a much softer spring rate

Raptor springs are different than regular F150 springs.

I can confirm this. My truck is in the shop now getting an add-a-leaf and the shop called to say the stock springs are the softest they have seen. Service manager said he looked it up in the system and the raptor springs are indeed softer than regular F150 springs.

coder

Reaction score
Cost and both overall and unsprung weight savings...

Last edited:

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the stock block a 2" or 2.5" stock as indicated above?

Unlike many around here, I want my truck to keep the rake when nothing is in the bed.

When installing +2 Deavers, and removing the stock block (which has the bump stop plate integrated into it) what then should I use to continue using my factory bump stop?

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the stock block a 2" or 2.5" stock as indicated above?

Unlike many around here, I want my truck to keep the rake when nothing is in the bed.

When installing +2 Deavers, and removing the stock block (which has the bump stop plate integrated into it) what then should I use to continue using my factory bump stop?

I've been thinking the same thing about using the factory bump stop, but I haven't found an option yet. I think the option is to go to an air-bump setup, which adds significantly to the cost for something that I will likely never use.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking the same thing about using the factory bump stop, but I haven't found an option yet. I think the option is to go to an air-bump setup, which adds significantly to the cost for something that I will likely never use.

SDHQ makes a bump stop pad. I just got mine through Crown Off-road here on FRF.

http://www.crownoffroad.com/SDHQ-Ford-Raptor-Rear-Bump-Stop-Mounts_p_697.html