So why did Ford use 2 inch lift blocks on the stock springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Why did they use blocks? I’m in the process of contemplating suspension changes and one of the big ones is going to deavers that eliminate them.

So why are they there in the first place?

Anyone know?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be cost savings, but then again they obviously don't care how expensive things are lol. I bet deavers would be a good upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So they could use the same springs as regular F150s and the blocks give it the raptor ride height. Maybe raptor specific springs wouldn’t be cost effective and maybe they thought the IBP shocks in the rear already gave it the performance they were looking for.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cost and less complicated. The blocks serve as a spacer, make pinion angle and the bottom of the jounce bumper

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be, and probably am, wrong but I believe the other F150's (at least my 2010 did) also have blocks from the factory. It might have something to do with the production line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I could be, and probably am, wrong but I believe the other F150's (at least my 2010 did) also have blocks from the factory. It might have something to do with the production line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 2wd = no blocks, 4wd = 1.5" Block for F150's. There are a lot of guys with 4x4's that remove the rear block to level the truck as an alternative to raising the front.