Should I purchase a bump stop for towing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I just got a new 2017 raptor and my current plan is to get a light weight toy hauler ~3000 dry and travel around mountainous Western US and BC for the summer with a dual sport moto, some bicycles and mostly me.
I've read many of the threads/vids/side threads for hours here, even the 28 pager in the Gen 1 forum
Seemed more appropriate to post about it here, sorry if I'm thread jacking, I can start my own thread if necc

Before I got the car, I posted on rv dot net and got some useful advice
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Thinking about diving into a Toy Hauler for FT living
but also lots of dogging, get a super duty, blah blah
Above thread has the links to the two TH I'm considering

I will be unhooking it and doing a lot of bike shuttles w the truck and or taking to moto to places in the bed, but living out of the TH w all of my stuff
I might sell the TH after that, not sure
I'm hesitant to mod the raptor before i even get it, but seems like bumpstops and/or leaf springs are way to go
For bump stops and theres a few brands that work differently and they both need some other parts added to the truck to accommodate them

Here's the haul plans July 2017, (i uprounded wts)

Trailer dry 3100
This one in black, has my eye
Travel Lite Falcon F-23TH - Travel Lite Campers
Trailer wet 3350
Moto 350
Bicycles 200
Gear/Clothes/Stuff 1200
Passenger 220lb
Equalizer WD hitch adds to weight somewhere??
So trailer weight ~5100 (well under 8000)
That would be towed from VA to CO, WY, ID, MT, CA, OR, WA, BC and back maybe 10 or 20k mi
Would like to dry camp as much as possible (free :)
Would like to take the TH in the woods, near bike trails and find level places to setup
I know there are off-road oriented trailers, but I really don't want to deal with popup or other types of tents, it rains, i want to be dry and have ac/generator

Other potential tow plan this May 2017 CA to VA and use the TH for my apartment move and prob add another 2000 lbs, this would mostly be a move, so highways, truck stops, rest areas, etc
If I get over the weight, I'll UPS boxes of crap if needed or just get rid of it

Shuttling
up to 5 people, 200lbs each + 5 bikes and gear 40lbs each so 1200lbs (payload on screw is 1000 i believe)

I also will likely be taking the moto 350 + 100lbs gear , just in the bed around to places, maybe more motos or people at a time too

And likely lots and lots of exploring with the truck alone and probs some people

What are people's opinions on the type of truck mods I should do for these type of uses?

Last edited:

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the STAGE 2 from RPG and be done with it. 2" for normal and passengers and 4" for towing. If you think about it anymore, your head will explode....lol