GEN 2 Rubbing on 37s w/ RPG 1.5 collars. Tips on cutting fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronk127

Reaction score
That was my next question.. so that white'ish color is just more plastic then right?

So theoretically there is more that could be taken off to give more room if needed before getting to like the actual body / frame / aluminum right? Or is that at the max of what you could possibly do there?

I guess i ask as I sit here planning this all out in my head, so if there is the possibility to take even a little more off, when i do mine, i might try to get a little extra space in there if possible and get some heat moldable ABS plastic to make a cover there.

Not that anyone sees that anyways..

ronk127

Reaction score
Hey.. thanks captain obvious... but the fact of the matter is.. not every wheel / size has the offset needed. And at the end of the day.. my setup is rubbing.. so it needs addressed... but thanks for your constructive two cents.

But yes.. if i could do it again.. i would have def. gone with a different offset.

Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey.. thanks captain obvious... but the fact of the matter is.. not every wheel / size has the offset needed. And at the end of the day.. my setup is rubbing.. so it needs addressed... but thanks for your constructive two cents.

ok well i guess it wasnt too obvious because the title of the thread is
"gen 2 rubbing on 37s w/ RPG 1.5 collars, tips on cutting fender flares"

i see zero mention of the actual reason for the rubbing.

:flipthebird:

you dont need to trim anything dummy head, get another set of wheels with less offset and you wont need to trim anything.

******* take it back, this is preschool shit lol.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread... Just picked up my 37" ridge grapplers on 22" Fuel wheels.. def will need some trimming (plastic and metal). I was surprised just how much it actually hit the wheel well though.
I just traded in my 2011 Raptor which i put 37's on with a 2" leveling kit.. only had very minor rubbing before any trimming.. but this is crazy on the 2018!

Do you have any pics of the trimming you did to fit your setup on there? (before i go out with the angle grinder and go to town on making room.

I have 2.5in lift on mine.. didn't help as much as i thought it would.

What size and Offset are the Fuel Wheels?

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t listen to them.. get the saw-saw and go to work.. if that doesn’t work take the fender off.. go all out

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesus I cant stop laughing at the wide shoe toe removal comment......hahahahahah...******* funny.