GEN 2 RPG installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I lived close to rpg, their price for install of the collars is great from what I have heard. Plus I would have them put on the new uca, those are sweet. I do not need them, but its only money right.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have had both collars level the truck. The springs are so soft in these Gen 2 Raptors that no two trucks are identical. You will always have a little variation in each truck. You are literally splitting hairs between the two collars. I've been asking the customers to go out and actually take measurements and tell me what they want to yield or if they have aftermarket bumpers, winches and etc. Tires, (and tire pressure) wheel combo also makes a difference.

If i had a '17, I'd personally go with a 3" collar up front, and stage 3 (Deaver +3 spring) package in the rear to gain clearance to run almost any true 37" tire /wheel combo out there. That's the package that is getting extremely popular with folks coming in the shop for installs. It's a lot more aggressive stance.

With the 3" collars and Stage 3 (Deaver +3) package, Measurements were 43.5" both front and rear from the level concrete to the top of the wheel well with stock 35" tires/wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putting mine on this morning (1.5), gonna suck now if they don't level and I have to turn around and order the 2.25... Will see what happens later today.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've had both collars level the truck. The springs are so soft in these Gen 2 Raptors that no two trucks are identical. You will always have a little variation in each truck. You are literally splitting hairs between the two collars. I've been asking the customers to go out and actually take measurements and tell me what they want to yield or if they have aftermarket bumpers, winches and etc. Tires, (and tire pressure) wheel combo also makes a difference.

If i had a '17, I'd personally go with a 3" collar up front, and stage 3 (Deaver +3 spring) package in the rear to gain clearance to run almost any true 37" tire /wheel combo out there. That's the package that is getting extremely popular with folks coming in the shop for installs. It's a lot more aggressive stance.

With the 3" collars and Stage 3 (Deaver +3) package, Measurements were 43.5" both front and rear from the level concrete to the top of the wheel well with stock 35" tires/wheels.

yup i just did deavers +3 and rpg 1.5. i have a heavy bed cover and off road gear 350lbs back there and i'm sitting at 43.25" rear and 42.75" front
running toyo's 35x12.5x17s. i was 41.2 rear and 40.2 front stock and stock bf tires with same weight

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putting mine on this morning (1.5), gonna suck now if they don't level and I have to turn around and order the 2.25... Will see what happens later today.

Got them done. Spring compressors I rented from AutoZone sucked big time and wasted a little bit of time. Someone had abused them in the past.

Best I can tell it is very close to level. Happy with the results, it isn't completely level but looks a ton better. Front 43 15/16" to fender flare and rear is 44 3/4"

Question for the crew... Noticed when I put the drivers side back that the spring isn't indexed all the way against the black plastic perch pocket on the bottom. I'm about 3/8" turned. Must've scooted when I was putting back together. I'm not using this compressors again, they are junk. Should I go grab another pair and adjust the spring index or is that little bit fine?

Last edited:

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score

With this setup you'd be looking at a 2" increase in overall ride height, right? +1" from the Deavers and +1" from the 37" tires?