RPG Gen 2 Bump Stop Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe I've changed my mind to a different setup for towing. Don't need the frame strengthening as much as I do the flexibility of towing capability and a different setup appears to be a better alternative. Still researching this new alternative. Thanks.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Anyone have installed shots of it on the trucks? Also I did not get any instructions with my stage three but seems simple enough. All the RPG site instructions and videos are all 4yrs old and for the gen1. Thanks

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have installed shots of it on the trucks? Also I did not get any instructions with my stage three but seems simple enough. All the RPG site instructions and videos are all 4yrs old and for the gen1. Thanks

I installed mine a few weeks ago in my driveway. Ill give you a rundown. PM me.

Let me see if I can upload a pic or two later today.

k8Uxcsv.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

High level overview.

Make sure you have a TQ wrench that goes to 250 or 300 ft/lbs
The springs are fun getting in place, eat your Wheaties
I loosened up the 6 bed bolts to get the extra 1/2" if clearance needed to slide the cross brace right in.
I re torqued everything after a couple hundred miles. The only thing that needed it was the U Bolts.
I also dropped the pressure in the bumps down to about 100psi.

Here is some additional literature
http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/manuals/SDHQ/RaptorDeaverLeaf.pdf

Last edited:
R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

The videos on RPG website for the install will be basically the same for a GEN1 or GEN2. The design and concept is pretty much the same. The only real difference between the two version of the bump stop kit is the bump stop strike plate is different and the fit to the frame is changed due to the GEN2 changes. Everything else is the same.

Good Luck!
P.S. Having a helper for the leaf springs, is worth finding someone for beer.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I installed mine a few weeks ago in my driveway. Ill give you a rundown. PM me.

Let me see if I can upload a pic or two later today.

k8Uxcsv.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

High level overview.

Make sure you have a TQ wrench that goes to 250 or 300 ft/lbs
The springs are fun getting in place, eat your Wheaties
I loosened up the 6 bed bolts to get the extra 1/2" if clearance needed to slide the cross brace right in.
I re torqued everything after a couple hundred miles. The only thing that needed it was the U Bolts.
I also dropped the pressure in the bumps down to about 100psi.

Here is some additional literature
http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/manuals/SDHQ/RaptorDeaverLeaf.pdf

Got it done today, took about 4 hrs with an extra set of hands. No joke about getting the springs in, I used a Bottle jack and a block. Thanks for all the help.
I'm not sure if I just got the lucky bumpstop kit or the lucky bed molding seam but, the bump cans were 1/8 of an inch too high and were just hitting the top of the can to the bed seam. So I ended up using a cut off wheel and took a small part of the seam (.875"x 3" ending in a 45* angle) off both sides. Since I was cutting I made enough room to slide the bar in without unbolting the bed.
Has anyone else this clearance issue? I would think I messed up some where but the is 0 room for movement as the kit fits exactly where it goes with out adjustment. It is amazing quality and am extremely happy with the produce if I did not make that clear.
Additionally the deaver springs are amazing in comparison to factory. I live on a mountain road all back and forth canyon and such up to 6000 ft and such; the springs make the truck handel so much better. Before if you hit the corner hard you could feel the truck dip and kinda want to wobble or bounce might be a better word. Now it just leans in and is settled making it much more confidence inspiringly.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

The videos on RPG website for the install will be basically the same for a GEN1 or GEN2. The design and concept is pretty much the same. The only real difference between the two version of the bump stop kit is the bump stop strike plate is different and the fit to the frame is changed due to the GEN2 changes. Everything else is the same.

Good Luck!
P.S. Having a helper for the leaf springs, is worth finding someone for beer.

Thanks! Also please pm me the price on a set of front 3.0's, fox ECS and king plz.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info everyone!

I get my Deaver +3's installed @ Deaver next Thursday along with my RPG stage 2 bump stop kit :) I am hoping this will be the magic combo with my front Geiser Springs and Camburg UCA's

Can't wait to see how it handles with the new rear in the dirt!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Additionally the deaver springs are amazing in comparison to factory. I live on a mountain road all back and forth canyon and such up to 6000 ft and such; the springs make the truck handel so much better. Before if you hit the corner hard you could feel the truck dip and kinda want to wobble or bounce might be a better word. Now it just leans in and is settled making it much more confidence inspiringly.

That sort of behavior is exactly why I nicknamed my truck "the donkey". :biggrin:

The deavers and bumps made the ass end of the truck WAY more predictable, both on and off road.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure hope ford is watching this thread, and the weaver thread also. I would like my rear end to handle better. Another member here mentioned ford considered weavers for production in the past. Im willing to pay extra for the truck if they use them on a refresh.