RPG Gen 2 Bump Stop Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I already have your 1.5" front collars. I don't do a lot of off-roading, but i'm looking for something to help reduce the sag while towing a 5000# boat (500# tongue weight). What's my best option here?

If you do any off roading, we don't recommend an Air Bag Kit.

We have a few options. Our stage 3 is the most common. If you daily drive with weight (a few hundred pounds) in the bed, go with the Deaver +3. If you daily drive with an empty bed, go with the Deaver +2. This will help immensely with the sagging and ride quality. The air bumps will absorb the impacts when towing and off roading. The Fox 2.5 Air Bumps can also be used to help increase the towing capacity, but I wouldn't worry about that unless you have a really high tongue weight.

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got ~1000 miles on an RPG bumpstop kit and +3 deavers. Very happy with it.

The +3 Deavers eliminated the sag from my 250lbs camper shell, (basically back to factory rear height) and drive better than factory over rough road.

I raised the front ~1" (SVC CAS) for a ~.5" rake (higher in rear).
When I tow my 500lbs tongue, 5000lbs enclosed trailer it sits basically level. Maybe .25" higher in front but nothing like the factory sag.

I took long camping trip with >750 lbs of gear in bed +800lbs of people (fuel not accounted for) and truck did great. The 2.5" bumpstops only hit a couple times on fire roads and were smooth when it happened. I heard them contract the pads more than I felt it.

Highway was comfortable and stable at 80mph cruise. Only negative to the extra weight was a noticeable increase in braking force required.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, new to the bumpstop game. I know about them just preventing the axle/frame damage while offroading with the first gen trucks. Would they help someone like me for daily on road driving? No weight in the bed, stock truck. Would they help with the ride quality at all?

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, new to the bumpstop game. I know about them just preventing the axle/frame damage while offroading with the first gen trucks. Would they help someone like me for daily on road driving? No weight in the bed, stock truck. Would they help with the ride quality at all?

With normal on pavement driving you never know they're there less you're launching it over railroad track crossing's or something

Mild off-road Ing you more than likely wouldn't notice it or even there

Moderate to heavy off-road Ing is where you start to notice there affect

If you get the truck airborne makes the landing much softer And help prevent any frame damage from harsh landings

So would it be good for you it all depends on how you drive your truck if you are bottoming it out now They would help

RWE

Reaction score
Are these still available? Called a few times and left messages and never heard back. Granted it was about 1-2 weeks before sema so I didn't think much of it but would like to get a kit.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are these still available? Called a few times and left messages and never heard back. Granted it was about 1-2 weeks before sema so I didn't think much of it but would like to get a kit.

We have more kits currently in production. Give us a call at the shop 949-444-3213 or email us [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk