RPG Gen 2 Bump Stop Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Guys and Gals,

We have had a few customers call us up and ask if we have an adjustable air bump kit for the Gen 2 Raptors. We have had the Fox 2.0 Adjustable Air Bump Kit for the Gen 2 Raptors and 2015 F 150 for about 1 year but have had no takers thus far. We have had a few customers request the Fox 2.0 Standard Air Bumps.

The Fox 2.0 IFP Air Bump is a beautiful air bump that was origionally designed for the Jeep JK. Front and Rear. The need for adjustability came from Jeep customers wanting to use different size tires while keeping the same mounting brackets. Jeeps are fenders to tire clearance limited. Raptors are Compressed shock lengths limited. Raptors don't want to rip off factory shock mounts by the shocks compressing before the bump stop compresses.

So here are some Stage 2 details.
Fox Standard 2.0 x 2.5" Travel $1295
Fox IFP 2.0 x 2.5" Travel $1420
Fox 2.5" x 2.5" Travel $1495
Fox 2.5" x 4.0" Travel $1595

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have the 2.5" kits in stock. [emoji6][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

@RPG you have a customer who lives down the street when my 2018 gets here. Do you need lead time on the kit?

We have the 2.5" kits in stock.

rdsc

Reaction score
We have the 2.5" kits in stock. [emoji6][emoji106]

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

What are your thoughts on using bump kits to help with sag while towing? I have a 6500lb boat that I tow and I get some sag in the ass end when fully loaded. I'd really like a solution to level the rear end out a bit, but I don't want to do air bags...

Thoughts?

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on using bump kits to help with sag while towing? I have a 6500lb boat that I tow and I get some sag in the ass end when fully loaded. I'd really like a solution to level the rear end out a bit, but I don't want to do air bags...

Thoughts?

Simple and easy.

If your going to tow short distances, use a 3/16" Allen wrench to swap out the 2.5" air bump extensions.

If your going to tow longer distances, use a 1 5/16" wrench to loosen the top nut and swap out the 2.5" travel bump for a 4". As an example, we had a customer move from California to Texas with 2000 pounds of lead in the bed and pull a trailer. He found that 200 psi was perfect. Used up all of the travel and gave a soft / plush ride. You can go up to 600 psi

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is nitrogen absolutely required in these? Wondering about being able to adjust in the field; i.e., could you hook up the 4" stops to an onboard compressor and adjust them like you would airbags? And if so, then could you run them full time rather than swapping out with the shorter stops?

That would be a nice setup if you could, since you could adjust not just for a trailer but for varying loads in the bed and varying conditions, too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is nitrogen absolutely required in these? Wondering about being able to adjust in the field; i.e., could you hook up the 4" stops to an onboard compressor and adjust them like you would airbags? And if so, then could you run them full time rather than swapping out with the shorter stops?

That would be a nice setup if you could, since you could adjust not just for a trailer but for varying loads in the bed and varying conditions, too.

As long as you are using an "Ideal Gas" or "Dry" compressed air, you will be fine. that includes CO2.

In Racing, we use N2 due to its very low thermal expansion. With Increase in temperature, pressure Increase is small.

Biggest thing to avoid is compressed air with a lot of moisture in it. The moisture increases the pressure rapidly.. Think of it as a steam train.

A hand held CO2 tank will work for a LOT of adjustments. Simple and Easy

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have your 1.5" front collars. I don't do a lot of off-roading, but i'm looking for something to help reduce the sag while towing a 5000# boat (500# tongue weight). What's my best option here?

Last edited: