RPG adjustable perch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desmobullet69

Reaction score
Is everybody still happy with their RPG adjustable collars? Is anyone running it 3.5”? If so can you please post a pic and what size tire your running. Im interested in this product and want to put 37s on mine. Im coming off a superduty on 40s with straight axles so I prefer a stiff ride to say the least haha...

Thanks in advance!

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once installed you could leave the strut on the truck and adjust the height. You would need spring compressors to get the tension off of the spring perch. From there you could re-seat the metal ring at the new height.
So to get the top collar cover over the other adjustment collar I will have to take the strut lose or out? As the non adjustable collar can be installed without removing the strut. Is this correct?

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So to get the top collar cover over the other adjustment collar I will have to take the strut lose or out? As the non adjustable collar can be installed without removing the strut. Is this correct?

Yes for adjustable, the strut has to come completely out because the top cap part is one piece and has to be slipped on from the bottom of the strut.

So yeah if you don't want to take the strut out and just want to use spring compressors you'd have to go with a two piece non-adjustable collar.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what It looked like Thank You Ryan. They would have to be out of stock for the non adjustable 1.5".

18raptorCO

Reaction score
My set will be here soon! Has anyone run these with +3 deavers? I want to be about level with the +1 inch rear, I'm assuming I should go straight to the top position? I'd rather the front be level or marginally lower than the rear.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
My set will be here soon! Has anyone run these with +3 deavers? I want to be about level with the +1 inch rear, I'm assuming I should go straight to the top position? I'd rather the front be level or marginally lower than the rear.

you'll probably end up on the 3" setting.

I'm running +3s w/ shackles. I have my collars at the 2.5" setting. with nothing in the bed, the rear is 3/4" taller.

With a 37" spare, and all of my off-road stuff in the bed, I'm dead level.

18raptorCO

Reaction score
zombiekiller - thanks! sounds like I should actually start at the 2.5 inch spot too since I'm adding a tonneau, RPG stage 2 bumpstops and hilift jack in the bed.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I second the 2.5" position. A truck with no weight on the front or rear will sit 0.5" higher in the front set at 2.5" high. So with the extra 1" in the rear from the Dealer +3 and the weight your adding out back, you'll be level to 1/2" higher in the rear which should give you the right look.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
zombiekiller - thanks! sounds like I should actually start at the 2.5 inch spot too since I'm adding a tonneau, RPG stage 2 bumpstops and hilift jack in the bed.

Just an FYI- The shackles that I'm running are the extended shackles that drop the rear of the truck about 3/4" .

These trucks seem to have a standard deviation of up to an inch when modifying ride height.

I went with drop shackles for a few reasons:

1. I did not want to raise the height more than I had to. the drop shackles with +3s give me options to modify ride height without having to buy springs again. ( if I went with +2s, i would not have an option to raise the truck more without using lift blocks.)

2. I plan to run a bypass rack and go through the bed. The shackles will give me some extra down travel. I will end up limit strapping the rear.

The weight that you plan to put in the bed is kind of negligible to the effective ride height. If you plan to put a couple hundred more pounds of stuff in the bed when going off-road, then you'll probably be spot on level-wise, and "stinkbug" without the kit in the bed.