RPG adjustable perch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panduh

Reaction score
I had the 1.5in collar installed last week. Wish they would have had this available or told me. I would have had them install this instead...

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed this last week. It's set at one ring below the top one. It's level or maybe slightly higher in the front depending on where it's parked when I measure. I'm really happy with the way it looks and the quality of the product.

6RCd31b.jpg
2znxUvo.jpg

Rapfan

Reaction score
Hey Ryan,

How does it ride now? I've been debating this set up, but curious how much it changed from factory driveability and how much stiffer it feels.

Installed this last week. It's set at one ring below the top one. It's level or maybe slightly higher in the front depending on where it's parked when I measure. I'm really happy with the way it looks and the quality of the product.

6RCd31b.jpg
2znxUvo.jpg

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ryan,

How does it ride now? I've been debating this set up, but curious how much it changed from factory driveability and how much stiffer it feels.

I don't notice any difference in the ride but theoretically it has to be a little firmer. With an adjustable collar at least you can lower the front down a little bit if it feels too harsh for you.

Unless you're super sensitive to it though, I doubt you'll feel any real difference in ride.

Umlify

Reaction score
How much of a pain is it to lower or higher once installed? Is it a complete take off, adjust, and then put back on? Or is it simply lifting it up and turning something?
Really interested in this product.

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of a pain is it to lower or higher once installed? Is it a complete take off, adjust, and then put back on? Or is it simply lifting it up and turning something?
Really interested in this product.

Once installed you could leave the strut on the truck and adjust the height. You would need spring compressors to get the tension off of the spring perch. From there you could re-seat the metal ring at the new height.

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I park in a parking garage at work and only have a little clearance. Since the tallest part of the truck is really towards the middle/back of the cab I'm wondering if this will impact my overall height. I have maybe an inch to spare in the garage. Anyone with a collar in general have any feedback about this?

Thanks

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I park in a parking garage at work and only have a little clearance. Since the tallest part of the truck is really towards the middle/back of the cab I'm wondering if this will impact my overall height. I have maybe an inch to spare in the garage. Anyone with a collar in general have any feedback about this?

Thanks

I didn't measure the truck at cab height but if I was in your situation I would lower the back an 1" first with shackles. Then lift the front as little as possible to achieve level. Overall cab height would probably be about the same as stock.

Last edited:

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I right in assuming you will need an alignment after installing? On my first gen I had to do an alignment after going to mid perch.