RPG 2.25 Perch Collar Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sgsraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of what it looks like with the factory wheels?

Also, what wheel/tire and offset/bs combination are you planning to use with your 37s? Most folks have rubbing issues with 37s when they go to +3" on the front and +1" on the back, so your +2.25 and +0 will be even more challenging.

Going to Run Nitto Trail Grappler M/T. 37 12.5 - 17.

I don't mind a little rubbing but if it rubs too much i will make adjustments.

I will post updated detail pics of it.

Attachments

• IMG_2964.jpg
    IMG_2964.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 222
OP
OP
S

sgsraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the 1.5", I wish I had done the 2.25" :(

Ya I was on the fence...but 2.25 leveled it almost perfect....and gives me a little more room.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

I have a set of compressors like the ones in the picture that IO have had for years. I was concerned that the coil thickness might be bigger than those. I will take a look tonight. If they won't work, I'll go see what O'Reilly will loan me.

Ya, they will rent them for free.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm running Ridge Grapplers now. I had a tiny bit of contact with the fender wells on landing after decent air with the stockers so I went with 35x12.5R17s even though I planned to do 1.75" icon collar. When I can afford Deavers I'll jump to 37s and revise front end setup...

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be able to do them on the truck with these...

Few things to make it easier. Jack up the bottom of the strut as much as you can to help compress the spring. Once you get the spring fully compressed with the spring compressors, i used a sludge hammer and 2x4 to knock up the original collar that the spring sits on. Made easy work of it. Let me know if you have any questions when doing it. Impact and swivels are your friend. :)

I used the exact same process and compressors, and you definitely need a block of wood to release the factory collar. I also used a 2lb sledge to break it free.

For those of you looking to complete the process. The safety locks on the compressors must be removed. You will need to unscrew one end of the compressor, place the removed end over the spring in the back of the bucket, then screw the rod back in. You will not be able to fit it into place otherwise. This is the only way to get each compressor 180 degrees apart to allow for even compression. It is actually very easy to accomplish, especially if you use a cordless impact wrench like I did.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used the exact same process and compressors, and you definitely need a block of wood to release the factory collar. I also used a 2lb sledge to break it free.

For those of you looking to complete the process. The safety locks on the compressors must be removed. You will need to unscrew one end of the compressor, place the removed end over the spring in the back of the bucket, then screw the rod back in. You will not be able to fit it into place otherwise. This is the only way to get each compressor 180 degrees apart to allow for even compression. It is actually very easy to accomplish, especially if you use a cordless impact wrench like I did.

Thanks for the detailed instructions!

What height did you go on yours and do you have any pictures of the truck after it was done?

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

OK, I thought you said you still had the factory wheels and tires. Are those Method standards with the 0 offset?

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What height did you go on yours and do you have any pictures of the truck after it was done?

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

OK, I thought you said you still had the factory wheels and tires. Are those Method standards with the 0 offset?

Icon Rebound 17" wheels, +6 offset, stock tires. 1.5" RPG leveling collar.

Attachments

• IMG_2919.jpg
    IMG_2919.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 220
OP
OP
S

sgsraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bingo!!!

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Yup!

Sleepy996

Reaction score
I put the 3" RPG collars on 6months ago or so and the front suspension is creaking pretty loudly over bumps and just low speed turns. Is anyone else dealing with this ? It's annoying enough where I am about to remove them.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the 3" RPG collars on 6months ago or so and the front suspension is creaking pretty loudly over bumps and just low speed turns. Is anyone else dealing with this ? It's annoying enough where I am about to remove them.

none so far from the 1.5. Might want to inspect and see which part is wearing out and replace, or return to stock, and get inspected under warrantee.