RPG 2.25 Perch Collar Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgsraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title says. Installed my RPG 2.25inch perch collar yesterday.

For anyone that is on the fence, it was prob. one of the easiest things I have done.

Step 1 - remove wheel
Step 2 - compress spring
Step 3 - install Collar

Did not end up unbolting anything. Just compressed the spring to the point where I could install the Collar.

Leveled the truck out perfect. Will be getting 37's soon and will update with new tire pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2961.jpg
    IMG_2961.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 196

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting it done on the truck without removing the spring/shock assembly is a time saver!

OP
OP
S

sgsraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you just use the 2 piece spring compressors?

Yup - Rent for free from Vatozone

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

how is the ride now?

Ride feels the exact same.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Getting it done on the truck without removing the spring/shock assembly is a time saver!

Ya, I see people who remove everything...I just shake my head lol

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Y

Ya, I see people who remove everything...I just shake my head lol

I was debating whether to go with the Geiser springs or install Icon collar I have sitting in my grage. I am going to go ahead and do the collar this weekend (hopefully on the truck...).

OP
OP
S

sgsraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was debating whether to go with the Geiser springs or install Icon collar I have sitting in my grage. I am going to go ahead and do the collar this weekend (hopefully on the truck...).

You will be able to do them on the truck with these...

Few things to make it easier. Jack up the bottom of the strut as much as you can to help compress the spring. Once you get the spring fully compressed with the spring compressors, i used a sludge hammer and 2x4 to knock up the original collar that the spring sits on. Made easy work of it. Let me know if you have any questions when doing it. Impact and swivels are your friend. :)

Attachments

• prod_1615196112.jpg
    prod_1615196112.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 81

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As the title says. Installed my RPG 2.25inch perch collar yesterday.

For anyone that is on the fence, it was prob. one of the easiest things I have done.

Step 1 - remove wheel
Step 2 - compress spring
Step 3 - install Collar

Did not end up unbolting anything. Just compressed the spring to the point where I could install the Collar.

Leveled the truck out perfect. Will be getting 37's soon and will update with new tire pics.

Do you have any pictures of what it looks like with the factory wheels?

Also, what wheel/tire and offset/bs combination are you planning to use with your 37s? Most folks have rubbing issues with 37s when they go to +3" on the front and +1" on the back, so your +2.25 and +0 will be even more challenging.

Last edited:

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be able to do them on the truck with these...

Few things to make it easier. Jack up the bottom of the strut as much as you can to help compress the spring. Once you get the spring fully compressed with the spring compressors, i used a sludge hammer and 2x4 to knock up the original collar that the spring sits on. Made easy work of it. Let me know if you have any questions when doing it. Impact and swivels are your friend. :)

I have a set of compressors like the ones in the picture that IO have had for years. I was concerned that the coil thickness might be bigger than those. I will take a look tonight. If they won't work, I'll go see what O'Reilly will loan me.