Remote Rez Fox Shocks reviews?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more but that doesn't stop people from spending lots more money on a $70,000+ truck that will do more than 95% of the owners need.

I like what SVC had to say about these:

"We've installed a few sets now and the feedback has been very positive. A definite more planted on rd feel as well as a more control offroad feel. The added cooling especially out West kept the shocks from get shock fade to quickly when really beating on the truck. For those that like to tinker Adjustment is quick and easy."

Of course feedback has been very positive! How many people buy something and then post they regret spending the money? (People post negative shit all the time as we know, but rarely do they say, "I made a mistake buying this product - I "tinker" with the adjustments and don't know if it's better or worse. It sure looks good but I can't even tell if there's a difference let alone use it to its full capability").

I do enjoy watching people here pour money into their Raptors. It's one of the FRF spectator sports that makes this place so much fun to visit :ROFLJest:

Now that I've got half a set of 3.0s (front only) It's WAY more than the average joe needs. It literally gets into "I need a roll cage" territory very easily. I've taken a lot slower road than most on my mods, and have tried a lot with the factory 2.5s before stepping up. I'm really happy I have too.

Anyhow, people will ALWAYS think that the new widget they bought is better. I don't like statements like "more planted on rd" or "more control offroad" ok, those are pretty subjective. Run two trucks side by side over the same section and let the tape do the talking.

In the same vein people are buying 4.0 fox shocks they don't need. Anything above a 3.0 is overkill, and 4.0s are notoriously hard to tune, but get sold because "People buy them". I'm convinced that someone could release a long travel kit that had a 2.5 coilover, 2.5 bypass on each side up front that would slay ******* dragons, but nobody here would buy it because the **** size...er...shock size isn't big enough.

OP
OP
R

racerjb

Reaction score
"One day I can see where the adjustments are done automatically via the mode you choose."

If that's your original idea it's brilliant! Even if it's not your idea it's brilliant! I can't see any OEM offering user adjustable shocks without a system to control the results.[/QUOTE]

Polaris just released something like this for the new RZR..

D

Deleted member 12951

"One day I can see where the adjustments are done automatically via the mode you choose."

If that's your original idea it's brilliant! Even if it's not your idea it's brilliant! I can't see any OEM offering user adjustable shocks without a system to control the results.

Nothing new and not my idea.

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All set and ready to go. Initial impressions they are smooth on the road heavy, quality basically a piece of art. It will be sad to see these go threw Michigan winters but that's life. I will have a full writeup after next weekend. Gonna try to dial them in at silver lake sand dunes

831fbac3058d9c947ca368afb2d56b12.jpg

f545d77cd64fe39daeca4046e55956b7.jpg

488be7240f4aa805087aa20af290b181.jpg

ac5a89c4778a946e748ff776116b0827.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

More travel with aftermarket UCA?

Minimal at best. If you look, he has the adjustable UCA since he has the lower slot delete kit, so he can do the alignment from the UCA and lock in the lowers. He should rarely need to do an alignment now (other than toe) unless he does some damage. This UCA also provides more positive caster than stock which can be better for off-road use since the steering wheel will come back to center and it also will have the wheel forward in the wheel well. Plus these components are a lot stronger than stock.

Info: 2017 Ford Raptor Uniball Stock Replacement UCA w/Heims — Rogue Racing

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Where your rear reservoirs are mounted isn't that where the tire rubs at full articulation?

No sir, not even close. The bump stop can sticks out further than the shock reservoirs are mounted. Its the same as the ICON RXT shocks, they are not in the way either on GEN1 raptors.

Info on the Rogue bump stop:
2017 Ford Raptor SVT F-150 Bump Stop Gusset Kit — Rogue Racing

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a set going on shortly. I will post a review with feedback and my tuning in a separate thread.

Was not all that impressed with the stockers offroad. Almost seems like they're valved for an overly soft ride that will cater to street raptor drivers that want that plusher Cadillac ride for their work commutes or whatever... This wasn't so much the case with the G1 stockers IMO.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
You may want to check your clearance at full articulation, not full compression. At full compression the wheel/tire is moving straight up and down. At full articulation the top of the wheel/tire is leaning in toward the bedside. Might just be the photo angle but is looks like it would be very close.

17663605_147971839066902_6189109686705324032_n.jpg

Last edited: