Rear Wheel Hop - Solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you have this issue on the stock 17's? Or only after adding the 10 ply 20" load range E tires?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's that purpose?

Why? Because Michigan was cold so they overcompensated for warmer climates?

No idea why. Just wanted to confirm that Raptors have been coming from the factory with as much as 55 psi for years. Most dealers are too lazy to bother checking. They are too busy putting swirly marks in your new paint to bother with mechanical or functional issues.

I always ran my Gen 1 at 38 front and 36 rear. Tremendous difference in ride quality.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you have this issue on the stock 17's? Or only after adding the 10 ply 20" load range E tires?

I don't really recall... I drove her directly to the tire shop so only had like 20 miles on her before the wheel swap.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't really recall... I drove her directly to the tire shop so only had like 20 miles on her before the wheel swap.

The ride is pretty cushy with the stock 4 ply 17's. I was wondering if issue got worse with the firmer 10 plys.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All vehicles get shipped with tires inflated to max. It ensures that when they chain it down on the trailer that it can't flex and allow the chains to come loose. Dealers are responsible for lowering the pressure once it arrives. If the pressure is to high on vehicle delivery, that's on the dealer for not doing proper PDI.