Rear Wheel Hop - Solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks like you just got your truck recently. Have you checked the tire pressure?

Mine was hopping over railroad tracks and got pretty sketchy. Dealer had my tires inflated to 50!! I dropped them down to the recommend 38 and it made a huge difference in how the back handles now.

I did go down to 40PSI (from 50) and it seems better! Thx

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get a set of deavers when they come available. Better traction overall on and off road...dont be gay and do traction bars

Hey now! I'm extremely happy with my Rogue Racing traction bars. Deavers alone aren't enough for higher power trucks.

Click link in sig for those who are interested in seeing them up close. Absolutely zero wheel hop since installing. Truck will roast my Toyos now, with no fear of axle wrap, which is actually a big issue for those who don't know. Very easy to grenade your rear end or destroy your driveshaft. Both of which will ruin your day pretty quick.

Also posted some side profile shots for another member recently...

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/traction-bars-how-do-they-sit-53750/#post1128727

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man don't do traction bars it's a Raptor not a 71 Nova. It's axle wrap and it's a problem in sand washes too, get Deavers, you won't be sorry.

Deavers = no axle wrap, better ride, more suspension control, less bucking, probably more travel but that might require longer shocks, you'd have to ask the guys at Deaver.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh man don't do traction bars it's a Raptor not a 71 Nova. It's axle wrap and it's a problem in sand washes too, get Deavers, you won't be sorry.

Deavers = no axle wrap, better ride, more suspension control, less bucking, probably more travel but that might require longer shocks, you'd have to ask the guys at Deaver.

Deavers, National HD, WSI, alone DO NOT STOP WHEEL HOP !!!!!!!!!!
Been there did that.

I will say it helps a good deal over the crappy stock springs.

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it worked for me, totally eliminated wheelhop offroad. I never tried a burnout on asphalt and my raptor was stock and didn't have 700 hp. Maybe that's the difference.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never did a full burn out. Just replaced my first OEM set of tires last fall (that's 6 1/2 years)
Always launch in 4 x 4 on pavement. Not driving around though.

Last edited:

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for checking tire pressure, mine too we're grossly over inflated.
45 psi max rated, yet at 50 and it was like 40 deg F outside...

naamanf

Reaction score
At 50 PSI here as well from the dealer. I'm guessing these were filled outside during the coldest parts of the Detroit winter.