Rear Wheel Hop - Solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assume what I am feeling when I 'get on it' at a light is the rear wheel hoping slightly and losing traction. Is this an issue other's are having, especially accelerating over dips? Is there some sort of solution for this yet?

I am using a Pedal Commander which I assume isn't helping this...

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assume what I am feeling when I 'get on it' at a light is the rear wheel hoping slightly and losing traction. Is this an issue other's are having, especially accelerating over dips? Is there some sort of solution for this yet?

Either slow down or flip to AWD. It's a fast truck.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not following gen 2 mods very closely but if they haven't come out already when aftermarket leafsprings come out they will help your wheelhop problem greatly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fill the box with a load of gravel and air your tires down, no more wheel hop, but you may break an axle or two or do what @RLTW said and upgrade the rear springs

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It looks like you just got your truck recently. Have you checked the tire pressure?

Mine was hopping over railroad tracks and got pretty sketchy. Dealer had my tires inflated to 50!! I dropped them down to the recommend 38 and it made a huge difference in how the back handles now.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea progressive leafs will not only eliminate wheel hop but also really improve ride across the board (on-road /offroad). Was hands down the best mod done on my '12. There are rumors of the new platform springs being less reliable than the gen1s, 2.5" vs 3" width. No evidence to support, but something to keep in mind and ask q's on