Rear suspension squeaking noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe its where leaf connect to shackles ? maybe grease or wd40 that area and see if it stops temporarily. or start isolating exactly which junction is causing it..
you jumped yours or went to the oem bumpstops crunch so it really could be almost anything back there

Im going to let Ford figure it out...its under warranty so they can fix this issue. This squeaking issue has nothing to do with a jump as I have seen several gen 2 trucks that have never been offroad and they squeak.

2017svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the Fox shocks have the steel bushings in the shock ends?
If so I would guess that's your squeak ?
They need to be pulled out and lubed.
My Maverick had that squeak as well and that's what it was.
Just a thought

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any squeaks on mine, and I have just over 6600 miles. I watched your video and holy crap yours is squeaky! It seems crazy that they haven't been able to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What video?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im going to let Ford figure it out...its under warranty so they can fix this issue. This squeaking issue has nothing to do with a jump as I have seen several gen 2 trucks that have never been offroad and they squeak.
o didn't know that . thanks for that info.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it, but it isn't that loud. I'll probably just try penetrating oil on it.

New million dollar idea--spring bushings/pads with zirk fittings on them.

OP
OP
B

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it, but it isn't that loud. I'll probably just try penetrating oil on it.

New million dollar idea--spring bushings/pads with zirk fittings on them.

Take it to the dealer...the more warranty issues ford has on a particular problem they will address it and fix it...thats why I dont fix things on my $70k truck..Ford can.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wait 4 it ^^

Attachments

• IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited: