Rear susp ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On my 14 the rear susp was super annoying in the city , over small cracks etc it .... so hard to put in words. Reverberated , continued to bounce ....? Rather than just thump thump over the crack it was like... thumpumpmppppppp. I hated it ! The only fix was aftermarket springs. Is the g2 the same?

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 14 the rear susp was super annoying in the city , over small cracks etc it .... so hard to put in words. Reverberated , continued to bounce ....? Rather than just thump thump over the crack it was like... thumpumpmppppppp. I hated it ! The only fix was aftermarket springs. Is the g2 the same?

I have limited driving time in a G1 (test rides), but I think the rear suspension of the G2 is slightly better, but similar. While I don't think the ride is bad (too harsh or too soft), it is what I would call "busy". There are a lot of little road imperfections that seem to cause wiggles and jiggles (not thumps, jolts, etc..) that you would not feel in other types of vehicles.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The G2 seems to be a little spongier in the back. And I know they exact thump and shake you speak of. Lower pressure or adding weight to back helped on the G1 but the G2 is pretty good out of the gate w/o modification.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 18 and rear suspension sucks ass.

Went with RPG stage 3 (Deavers +2 and Fox IBP bumps) and it's WAY better. The rear suspension is just like any other truck, crappy leafs and a 2" block. Very weak for a truck at this price point !!!