Rear Springs - shim to cure vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F150Feste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2017 Raptor and was able to talk to guy who had just traded it in with only 3500 miles on it and he said he was getting a weird driveline vibration at speed so Ford Tech added an axle/degree shim on the spring/axle assembly, so that the rear dif points up a bit more to the rear transfer case bringing them within tolerance of each other. Anyone else have experience with this solution? I know I have this done on my Jeep, using custom bracket for my triangulated rear end, but odd that it would need to be added to a vehicle that was just built.

Last edited:

Davidryan1987

Reaction score
Up to about 60 actually I can feel it in the gas pedal all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
several regular f150's have had the same shimming done. check out f150forum.com

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up to about 60 actually I can feel it in the gas pedal all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am having similar gas pedal vibrations and was told it was a harmonic vibration coming from the exhaust system. Seems like my vibrations are worse at certain RMPs. Could they be misdiagnosing my issue?

Crashking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my truck may have this issue as well, I can feel it from 20mph to 80mph... a dealer has roadforced my tires and it's still there... service manager had the audacity to tell my girlfriend who was picking the truck up for me, that I shouldn't expect it to ride like a Cadillac and that it will always have a vibration.... which is not acceptable and not the case... it's not normal.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are the weights still on the drive shaft? i ask that cause i noticed weight on mine. but also suspect they will fall off at some point.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the shim work? I’m having this same problem anyone get a resolution?