Perch Collars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smartin187

Reaction score
Newbie here with a 2018 raptor. For those that have had perch collars installed how much rake did you truck have when it was stock? I am looking at the rpg 1.5" but my truck really only has about a 1/2" height difference from front to back. I know some of you would probably say leave it as is but it is a notice able rake.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was at least 1" of rake stock.

RPG 1.5" on my SCAB with 100lbs in the bed (up against the cab) all the time, is dead level.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2018 has 1 3/4" of rake with the stock suspension. You might want to try measuring yours again on a different road surface as a tilted road or driveway will not give an accurate measurement.

The perch collars do not seem to raise all trucks the same height, but most say the 1.5" are not enough and they wished they had gone higher.

If you plan to go with 37s, you definitely want to go at least 2.25" in the front which is slightly nose high. 37s will also require you to raise the back at least 1" using Deaver +3s rear leafs. Do not use taller blocks in the back as this will cause problems with axle wrap.

Last edited:

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 has 1 3/4" of rake with the stock suspension. You might want to try measuring yours again on a different road surface as a tilted road or driveway will not give an accurate measurement.

The perch collars do not seem to raise all trucks the same height, but most say the 1.5" are not enough and they wished they had gone higher.

If you plan to go with 37s, you definitely want to go at least 2.25" in the front which is slightly nose high. 37s will also require you to raise the back at least 1" using Deaver +3s rear leafs. Do not use taller blocks in the back as this will cause problems with axle wrap.
Are you encountering any difference in drive or feel with those? Are you worried about the effect the spacers will have on the anti-roll features? Lastly how did the 37’s affect your mpg?

OP
OP
S

smartin187

Reaction score
I just remeasured on a concrete warehouse floor and I have exactly 1” of rake. I want the level look but I know when I tow my boat on the weekends it will definately will have ass sag.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you encountering any difference in drive or feel with those? Are you worried about the effect the spacers will have on the anti-roll features? Lastly how did the 37’s affect your mpg?

I chose to go with Geisers progressive springs for my front, so I do not have perch collars on my Gen 2. My truck is in the shop right now getting everything installed, so I will know more about the MPGs with 37s once I can drive it. :smile: I am averaging about 16 before any modifications.

Others who have installed the 2.25" collars have claimed the truck feels bouncier with the factory springs pushed up.

Last edited:

whisler-117

Reaction score
My screw has 3" of rake from the factory so i just picked up 2.25" RPGs. I don't want it to end up looking like a Cali lift if i put some weight in the bed. Will post a before and after in a separate thread.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Newbie here with a 2018 raptor. For those that have had perch collars installed how much rake did you truck have when it was stock? I am looking at the rpg 1.5" but my truck really only has about a 1/2" height difference from front to back. I know some of you would probably say leave it as is but it is a notice able rake.

The SVC CAS is adjsutbael from 0 up to 2.5". Only kit on the market that replicates OEM design and is 100% fail proof

https://www.svcoffroad.com/product-page/2017-raptor-c-a-s-coil-adjustment-system

https://youtu.be/HyQoPZ9vBpg