GEN 2 Ordered new HRE.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True but it's work garage. Anyways the more I look at 37s the more I realize I don't like how they fill the entire wells. 35s just look good.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

even better, its a write-off haha seriously you gotta do what you like, but a modded garage would be pretty cool

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a pic of the TR109s on a gen 2 on Instagram and they looked pretty nice. Super expensive though and I'm not a huge fan of 20s.

The jet black truck, right?

I saw that and thought it was too clean, beyond the brushed wheels no other silver plus the PTM fenders made it look like a stock truck

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37's

I'm not :). I have looked at so many side profiles and the 37s just look a little too large in the well.

I wanted to go 37's but I agree with you completely they look to large for the fender well opening, maybe on the next set of tires I'll change my fenders and go 37's? Maybe?

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HRE Envy!!

First, after reading this whole thread my best advice is...you do you bro. I personally live in the city and 80% of the time my truck is a pavement princess (yes that means the mall and starbucks). I just got back from Moab, UT and did a few days of playing in the sand. I personally wasn't going to take my new $65K truck rock crawling. If I wanted a rock crawler I would have bought a jeep. I have a KTM and Razor's for concurring the crazy stuff. I offroad with my set up when time allows and have had zero issues beside some minor cosmetic repairs.

The HRE wheels are awesome! I really wanted a set of TR107's for my Gen 2 but I swapped the ADV.1 wheels from my Gen 1 Raptor when I sold it. There was nothing wrong with the ones I had and frankly I like them. People bang on ADV as well but as a company they were great to me. I purchased them through Wheel Boutique and had open communication with both companies through the whole process.

I have included a few shots of my set up. I went 20" wheels on 35" tires. Like I said, it was a direct swap from my Gen 1. I also went with the 1.5" RPG collar to level out the front. I had Nitto Trail Grappler MT's and recently went to the Toyo MT. They tried to talk me into 37's at the time. I didn't want to mess with having to do all kinds of trimming to prevent rubbing at full lock. I am also able to fit into 99% of the parking garages in the city and my home garage with zero issues.

Last, the Brembo's are great brakes. It frankly is an investment I am to cheap to make. I am back and forth to the mountains in Colorado and I haven't had any issues with the stock brakes with any of my Raptors. If you do indeed go 37's the added stopping power will be nice from all the added weight (37's and 22's is a heavy set up). I did however spend an afternoon in the garage and painted all of my stock brakes black. It definitely cleans up the look through the wheels.

Keep us posted, would love to see those HRE's once they get on your rig!!

I had to do it.. so I ordered 20" HRE on 37s. I think 22 are okay for the street, but I think they are a bit large.

I also ordered Brembo with red calipers, and the RPG levelling kit. Hoping this looks amazing stay tuned for the final build.

Attachments

• IMG_5500.JPG
    IMG_5500.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5502.JPG
    IMG_5502.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5504.JPG
    IMG_5504.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 119

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love a quality forged wheel and HRE is second to none but I ended up ordering a set of Avante Garde forged 22x11 and saved myself 3500 to 6k depending on dealer..

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love a quality forged wheel and HRE is second to none but I ended up ordering a set of Avante Garde forged 22x11 and saved myself 3500 to 6k depending on dealer..
Can't wait to see it man! There will be a few haters on the forum, ignore that :). Just make sure the offset is good.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it man! There will be a few haters on the forum, ignore that :). Just make sure the offset is good.

I'm about to bite the bullet on HRE's, Velos, or AdV1. I have been thinking about which set for days and hopefully I'll have my mind made up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to bite the bullet on HRE's, Velos, or AdV1. I have been thinking about which set for days and hopefully I'll have my mind made up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 of those 3 don't belong in the same sentence price-aside